Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love the Fed IV!!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Never mind Moon. All drummers are like that.
we are generally deprived and patronized people seeking attention ...

how's it go ?.... what do you call a guy who hangs out with musicians ?

oh oh and ... how do you know a drummer is at your door ?

... oh .... good times

side note ... I had to talk myself out of ... out loud ... literally ... buying a Fed IV again last night ...

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
we are generally deprived and patronized people seeking attention ...

how's it go ?.... what do you call a guy who hangs out with musicians ?

oh oh and ... how do you know a drummer is at your door ?

... oh .... good times

side note ... I had to talk myself out of ... out loud ... literally ... buying a Fed IV again last night ...
images-1.jpg

Ok, because I thought I wasn't allowed to post on this forum anymore because I happen to like a particular style of hat, and also because I just got a new hat I like and wanted to share it with other people.

Nothing could be further from the truth. We want to see what everybody has to offer and love to meet new people.

This site (the hat forums, anyway) is also used by many to research and learn about hats, hat history, how to care for them, etc. To that end, many of us prefer to keep the topics categorized so we can get to the most complete information in the best way. There are thousands of posts on this forum, so we try to encourage people to find the right place to put their post, so the information they provide can be easily available to others. This is why we try not to create a new thread when the subject already has a category.

Welcome to the forum. We hope you enjoy yourself and post many hats and share your knowledge with us. You're among friends here.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Nothing could be further from the truth. We want to see what everybody has to offer and love to meet new people.

This site (the hat forums, anyway) is also used by many to research and learn about hats, hat history, how to care for them, etc. To that end, many of us prefer to keep the topics categorized so we can get to the most complete information in the best way. There are thousands of posts on this forum, so we try to encourage people to find the right place to put their post, so the information they provide can be easily available to others. This is why we try not to create a new thread when the subject already has a category.

Welcome to the forum. We hope you enjoy yourself and post many hats and share your knowledge with us. You're among friends here.
thank you for stating this much more eloquently than I ever could

... damn that music education

Windsock8e

A-List Customer
I love my Fed IV, I like the brim too... but I keep thinking about trimming it to 2 5/8 or 2 1/2 evenly all the way around. Is this bad? Should I respect it and leave it as it is and just order a Campdraft instead and stop wondering?

But seriously (or slightly more serious than above), I am thinking of trimming and attempting to bind it (have some nice grosgrain woven edge). Views? Any photos of a trimmed or trimmed and bound Fed IV?

+1

johnnycanuck

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I love my Fed IV, I like the brim too... but I keep thinking about trimming it to 2 5/8 or 2 1/2 evenly all the way around. Is this bad? Should I respect it and leave it as it is and just order a Campdraft instead and stop wondering?

But seriously (or slightly more serious than above), I am thinking of trimming and attempting to bind it (have some nice grosgrain woven edge). Views? Any photos of a trimmed or trimmed and bound Fed IV?
I think I have seen someone bind the brim of a Moonstone before. Looked pretty sharp. As for trimming the brim to 2 1/2" and binding it, it would be a perfect modern day Whippet. I think it would look great. If thats what you are going for.
Johnny

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up

Fed is supposed to be dimensional. That's it's look. Leave it alone and you'll have the perfect excuse to buy a Camp Draft.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
This thread is for Fed IVs in particular. If someone wants to post pictures of a recreased Fed IV here, I don't see why a tumult has to be made about the 'appropriate' thread for hat creases. Many folks here hold this hat in various levels of contempt, anyway.

Comments are type-written, but the 'between-the-lines' comes through loud and clear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21