Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I Need Knife Help!

epr25

Practically Family
Ok I am not sure if this is where this belongs. I would like to buy my husband a good functional pocket knife for Christmas. So if there are any knife guys on here I would really appreciate any help.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
Swiss Army Knives are always winners .. Case knives are collectible, if you want to start him off... Sarco is a place I like to browse & shop for collectibles besides eBay.

Mike K.

One Too Many
I highly recommend the Wenger "Handyman" Swiss army knife. All the usual beneficial tools but with a few important differences - has a nail file (instead of second blade) and has a phillips head screwdriver (instead of that useless corkscrew). They run about $25 and can be found online, at Walmart, and many shopping mall cutlery shops.
Wenger-Handyman-Lg.jpg

KY Gentleman

One Too Many
The suggestion by Celtic is a great one. The Buck #110 is an awesome knife and will last forever. The #112 is the exact same knife only a tad smaller.

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Okay, if he wants a clip on knife, Spyderco or Cold Steel are both great. If he wants a "Gentleman's knife" as my dad calls em, a small swiss army knife or a good Case knife will last for many years. If he wears suits a lot go with the traditional pocket knife with a blade under 3 1/2".
http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerc...t=case&Mode=Cat&Brand=&PriceStart=&SKU=CA2208
I've carried one of these for years. It's always with me.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
OK, just to add one more to the options this poor lady is now swimming in -
:)

I have had almost every conceivable kind of pocket knife over the years. I didn't realize I was actually on a quest for the perfect one for me, I just thought they were all kinda' cool each in their own ways.

Then I popped $75.00 at my local gun shop for a Kershaw in black with a pocket clip and an auto assist blade.

I have arrived. I will never buy another knife again. I have also made gifts of this same model to my brother and a couple of friends.

Wil Tam

Practically Family
wicked!

bruce wayne said:
my vote is for victorinox. specifically this...

i have one & am very happy with it...

I guess you'll won't be needing your utility belt if you have this in your pocket, ehh? lol lol lol

why a chisel? you'll won't be taking a hammer to it.... will you? [huh]

Peaceful John

New in Town
I carry a Swiss Army knife, which is available in a variety of models. The one I like best is the "Tinker".

A little stronger, single-purpose (no tools) knife is the Emerson CQC-7 with the "wave" feature.

I hope this is helpful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot