Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I ordered a tailored Aeroleather, and I am not happy with the fitting.

lionel_hutz

New in Town
Hi everyone, this is my second Aeroleather jacket. I had to return the first one because the fitting didn't feel right. Now, after many emails and checks with their team, I got a new one that feels again off :( I know that there is a break in time, but I am not sure this can be fixed simply. What do you think?
IMG_3231.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3232.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 185
  • IMG_3233.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3234.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 144
  • IMG_3235.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3236.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 132

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Usually I determine whether the jacket is too long or not mainly in relation to the jeans. If it goes past the back pockets then it's too long. But in this case the bottom hem is way above the back pockets, even above the yoke in some pictures. So from that perspective it does NOT seem too long. But maybe your jeans are really low rise or really sagging/hanging? Trying to understand myself what is happening here.
Can you add pictures zipper up from the front?

Additional pics without the sweatshirt all bunched up underneath would be helpful. Hard to tell WTH is going on from the pics. Looks as if your torso is playing twister with your legs.
That said the jacket is easily 2” too long.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
Usually I determine whether the jacket is too long or not mainly in relation to the jeans.
A Highwayman style jacket is supposed to be short and boxy imo. In order for it to look and feel good you need to adhere to its basic proportions. Making the jacket longer because you wear extremely low rise jeans won't give a good result because the jacket will be out of proportion, which is exactly what we see here.

If you want a jacket that goes well with extremely low rise jeans then it's better to go with a different style like a carcoat or long halfbelt.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
A Highwayman style jacket is supposed to be short and boxy imo. In order for it to look and feel good you need to adhere to its basic proportions. Making the jacket longer because you wear extremely low rise jeans won't give a good result because the jacket will be out of proportion, which is exactly what we see here.

If you want a jacket that goes well with extremely low rise jeans then it's better to go with a different style like a carcoat or long halfbelt.
That's why I'm wondering whether these pants are very low rise / hanging low / drooping. Highwayman does seem like a style that works strictly only with high to very high rise pants unless you're okay with the belt poking out under the bottom hem all the time.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
unfortunately, the premier Highwayman isn’t the best option for you. I would talk to Aero to see if it can be exchanged for a regular highwayman.

The premier highwayman isn’t really for layering, unless you go up a few sizes, then there are other issues at that point. Try the regular highwayman, you won’t get the horizontal back crease with that one.

unfortunately, the premier Highwayman isn’t the best option for you. I would talk to Aero to see if it can be exchanged for a regular highwayman.

The premier highwayman isn’t really for layering, unless you go up a few sizes, then there are other issues at that point. Try the regular highwayman, you won’t get the horizontal back crease with that one.

Agreed. Regular one is better.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The back is

26.4, I am 5 11

You have the back length of someone 6'4 for this jacket.

Due to its tapered cut, the Premier Highwayman really does not allow for lengthening it, because then it will just get stuck.

The regular Highwayman can handle this better. Though given the length you want you would have been much better served by the 50s Half-Belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner