Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideas for 40's/WWII themed office!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Online Early Office Museum

I stumbled across this site and thought of this thread. Here's a link to some offices in the general time-frame. There are a number of photos from the era desired, but most of the offices depicted are more of an open-plan setup rather than offices for individuals. The photo of the Pentagon file room is amazing, though!

Pentagon_File_Room_WWII.jpg

Reminds me of the last scene in Raiders of the Lost Ark, somehow... :D

It's not the easiest of sites to navigation around in, but you might find it interesting. There are pages with photos of office equipment and other office-related photos.

Cheers,
Tom

Jerekson

One Too Many
How about some B-17/B-24 nose art panels?

p51shangrila-b.jpg

Might not be historically inclined as such displays were not likely to be made until after WWII...but definitely gets the point across. You'd have to be an idiot to walk into an office with those on the walls and not "get it".

Lots of people sell them as decorations, usually hand-made out of aluminum with real rivets etc. The one pictured above is a repro. Or you could fabricate one yourself. I have hundreds of examples documented if you ever need them.

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
Thanks for the ideas guys! I love the idea for the plane nose art for sure! Where do you get these panels at? I wouldn't mind airbrushing a few myself as well as buying one already done.
Keep the info and ideas coming!

pasnthru

New in Town
I'm not sure how you would feel about this but in my mind, you have to include a vintage ashtray and a vintage heavy duty lighter of some sort. Even if you don't smoke, it was considered commonplace to have those as "staples" for your office guests. Maybe a box of cigars and a nice cigar cutter. Just an idea.

Shawn F.

Familiar Face
Well... Funny you say this. I have the cigars and box covered. I bought a 1930's Evans Lift Arm type lighter and cigarette holder but would love one of those tables to hold the scotch, ash tray, table top lighter, etc. If I can find something like this reasonably priced then I will go for it. So far all I've found locally are way overpriced items just because they are so called "vintage". Everyone around here thinks that just because it's old that it's worth a lot of money... Antique shops are the same here but I understand that they are going to be at retail prices and need to make a profit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic