Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Identify this Aero?

Working_Man

New in Town
I'm a newby here, but have been lurking in the shadows for a while, I bought this jacket on ebay, havn't received it yet, I hope it fits LOL. Anyway would anyone be able to identify the model from the photos?
Thanks
Working Man

aeroebay3.jpg

aeroebayc2.jpg

Working_Man

New in Town
Thanks HD, I'll have to wait to see if it fits, he's gonna ship it to me on Monday. I'm gonna go to the Aero site and look up the Cossack.

Working Man

Working_Man

New in Town
Very sharp looking jacket, it looks great on you, I have a feeling the sleeves on the one I bought might be short for me by looking at the lenght of your sleeves as compared to the botton of your jacket. Oh well time will tell. I thought it might be a Californian model but does not have the straps on the cuffs. The guy I bought it from was a little vauge on the measurements. He said it was steerhide, but it looks like it might be buffalo. If it doesn't fit I'll add it to my collection:eusa_doh: , one of these days I'm going to bite the bullet and have aero custom make me a horsehide.

Working Man

Working_Man

New in Town
I'm not sure, all I have to go on is the photo for now, if it's too big I won't mind, I'll get it altered, but if the sleeves are too short I'm screwed. I keep hearing Clint Eastwood in my mind saying to me "Well punk,,,are you feeling lucky" LOL

Working Man

Baron Kurtz said:
It seems more boxy than i would expect. Is this just a photographic anomaly/my screwed eyesight, or is it really that roomy through the hips?

bk

BK
If you are describing the look of my HB(in the waist)....the reason if looks a little flared at the waist is because it has the hvy muted plaid blanket lining that Aero offered for a while. They had purchased several rolls of this hvy nubby material after a mill closed down. Usually used in some Barnstormers...I requested it in the HB. The photo was taken when the jacket arrived...and was quite stiff with the heavier lining. It has softened,somewhat now. Actually it was made one size larger than what I normally wear to accomodate the lining.

100_0434.jpg

WM

The hide on your new jacket looks to be Buffalo to me,as well. If so...it is,indeed,a very nice hide.
HD

Working_Man said:
I'm not sure, all I have to go on is the photo for now, if it's too big I won't mind, I'll get it altered, but if the sleeves are too short I'm screwed. I keep hearing Clint Eastwood in my mind saying to me "Well punk,,,are you feeling lucky" LOL

Working Man

WM
I'm 6'2"...185lbs. The trimmer sleeves of the '30s style may be somewhat decieving. Most reg size Aero's fit me in the sleeves(usually aprox 24-25"). Usually a little shorter than the one I'm wearing in the pic. Unless they've been shortened on your new jacket..you should be fine.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24