Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Aero Jacket

gwhtfrd

New in Town
Hi all,

My dad recently gave me this Aero jacket, he couldn’t remember when he bought it, but I would guess probably 20 years ago or so. I was wondering if anyone could identify any of the specifics of this jacket, like leather or when it was made? I think it’s a Highwayman? Thanks so much!

IMG_8394.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8393.jpeg
    IMG_8393.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8395.jpeg
    IMG_8395.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_8396.jpeg
    IMG_8396.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8397.jpeg
    IMG_8397.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 60

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Blue Label Highwayman, probably because of the grain difference between panels. Not sure which leather that would be; could be russet Jerky?

Superkav

New in Town
I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned it but if you look inside the front pockets, one of them will have a makers label with the name of the person who made the jacket, the item number or even the exact date it was made. If you just have the item number it will narrow it down and you can email Aero and ask them for the age and type of hide that's been used.
Other than that just put it on and get it broken into your shape. It looks in excellent condition so fingers crossed it fits you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner