Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Idlewild New 1930s musical

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Girl Friday said:
Ditto.

I'd rather stay at home and watch TMC. The reviews I have read say it looks cool but the plot is one that has been used several times before.

This is my favorite place for movie reviews: http://www.pajiba.com/

Where does a reviewer get off reviewing a musical on plot originality? I look at it more like a nod back to classic style plots, not a rehashing.

Rosie

One Too Many
Dragging up an old thread

This popped into my head while some of you were discussing him in the 'Mr. Rover of the Today Show' thread.

To witness some of Andre Benjamin's style and love of vintage, watch Idlewild. I for one liked it a lot. Not really a vintage or throwback movie as much as a nod to the times.

http://www.idlewildmovie.net/

idlewild.jpg

Outkast_idlewild_stills-smi.jpg

225124434_0e40d8acf0.jpg

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
You know, I really wanted to see this movie when it came out, but I'm not sure it ever made a theatrical release around me. Of course, that was right around the time I started law school, so I might have just been too busy.

Up near Baldwin, in Lake County there was an African-American resort community in the '20s and '30s called "Idlewild," and I've always wondered if there was a connection. It's beautiful country and there's still a jazz festival up there every summer.

-Dave

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Dont bother.

I couldnt finish this film. It looks really really good, but its really really bad. I turned it off about 2/3s of the way in. Mediocre acting, exhaustingly silly plot points, terrible lip syncing.

The prettiness of the movie couldn't make up for its shortcomings.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner