Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

sweatyspaghetti

Familiar Face
yeh even though im not gay(im bi,its pretty damn close) i'd sooooo be with rita. such a gorgeous woman, and you could totally tell she was a doll!!

but yeh i wasn't born in the 1920's,nor will i ever be,but yeh RITA WAS SMOKIN!

Smuterella

One Too Many
ooh, well, Marilyn naturally. For the femme thing. but Marlene could be pretty butch - she might do it for me generally. hmmmm.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
the late ANITA PAGE would definitely be at the top of my list.

WHAT EYES! (And the rest of her wasn't chopped liver, either.0

She passed on in her sleep on the morning of September 7, 2008, aged 98 years.

Page04.jpg

Requiesat in Pace, my lovely!

arthur

Suspended
Oh my God so Rita Hayworth,you know I smoke a pipe and the occasional cigar but can't stand the smell of cigarettes, but damn the way she looked in Gilda...WOW!!!Oh just an aside for the one or two people who doesn't know this she practically chain smoked in that movie.There was something kind of vulnerable and a girl next door(if the girl next door was smokin hot) quality to her in that movie mixed with the classic femme fatale that just cooks my giblets.:p

Miss 1940's

Practically Family
my dreamboats

James Stewart and Robert Young
sjff_03_img1414.jpg

165563james-stewart-posters.jpg

QUOTE=The Wolf]The only reason my wife isn't jealous of Myrna Loy is because she's dead. The pictures posted show part of why. (Lauren, great picture. It's from back when Myrna Loy was playing "exotics" like Fu Manchu's daughter)
She had elegance, charm, humor and was the "whole enchilada" to use modern parlance.

P.S. Lauren and other ladies, what guys would you pick?[/QUOTE]

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
Ginger Rogers & Jimmy Stewart, 1941

I'm a big admirer of Ginger Rogers, and she looked so darned yum when she won her Oscar for 1940's Kitty Foyle. I've always loved this picture and would like to find any more that were taken of her that evening.

StewartRogersOscar1941.jpg

WH1

Practically Family
Dorothy Ford, what a woman, 6'2" 38-26-38.5", I had seen her many years before but didn't realize what a beauty she was until I saw her in Love Laughs at Andy Hardy, the other night.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I have to say...

Love Affair (1939) is on TCM right now and a guy could have done a whole lot worse than the then-40-year-old Irene Dunne. What a sleek package she was - breeding, beauty, musicality. Still frame from the film:
IreneDunneinLoveAffair.jpg

"Believe me my dear, zere is nossing wrong wiz him zat a good woman could not make right." Hey, I resemble that remark.

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
The trick is to pick just one...

Carole Landis, and the "pre-Lilly Munster, Yvonne De Carlo, are quite stunning. But, to pick one, I'd have to say, Ava Gardner.

Or better yet, Kate Beckinsale, as Ava Gardner, in The Aviator.;)

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Most of the women in these 18 pages looked wonderful between their teenage years and their early thirties, but Audrey and, especially Sophia (born in 1934!) looked better into their 60s than most people do in their 40s. As spitfire posted more than a year ago, she was great yesterday, and she's still great today.
loren-sophia-photo-sophia-loren-622.jpg

...and today!;)

donCarlos

Practically Family
I was deciding between Lauren Bacall, Rita Hayworth and Veronica Lake.

And the winner is... Veronica Lake (for now)

veronica.jpg

There is only thing she would need - a bit more height.

Miss Golightly

Call Me a Cab
My choices are not all from the Golden Era but I couldn't not mention them!

Marilyn Monroe (two because she's incredible - I just love that whenever you see pictures of her with other people everyone is smiling - that's the effect she had on people)
MarilynatPremiere.jpg

MarilynSam_Shaw_Manhatten_1957.jpg

Audrey Hepburn
Audrey-Tiffanys-Ole.jpg

Rita Hayworth
Rita-BlondieonaBudget.bmp

Grace Kelly
pool4cj.jpg

Ava Gardner
Ava.jpg

Louise Brooks
LouiseBrooks7.jpg