Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could solve just one mystery....

The truth will probably never be told about exactly how the tomb of King Tut was discovered, by whom, and what artifacts were removed before the official discovery. I would like to know the contents of certain books that Carter said he found, then later denied finding, saying they were only papyrus sandals.

Those books told about the secret chamber beneath the paws of the sphinx and the untold wealth and knowledge hid therein.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The truth will probably never be told about exactly how the tomb of King Tut was discovered, by whom, and what artifacts were removed before the official discovery. I would like to know the contents of certain books that Carter said he found, then later denied finding, saying they were only papyrus sandals.

The day after the burial, grave robers broke in. A little bit of an exaggeration, but they did break into most of the tombs centuries before the British got their!

Stanley Doble

Call Me a Cab
The day after the burial, grave robers broke in. A little bit of an exaggeration, but they did break into most of the tombs centuries before the British got their!

What makes King Tut's tomb special is that they didn't. It is the only royal Egyptian tomb from antiquity that survived intact with all its treasures, until discovered in 1922 by Howard Carter.

But, according to some experts many of the treasures were hidden, sold or dispersed in the 1920s before the official "discovery".

This is not some nut theory. Thomas Hoving, Director of The Metropolitan Museum of Art, wrote a book on it.

http://www.amazon.com/Tutankhamun-Untold-Story-Thomas-Hoving/dp/0815411863

Last edited:

fashion frank

One Too Many
It's a star gate for aliens. :p
222467d1358308422-ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-m-not-saying-aliens-but-aliens.jpg

As an aside my wife laughs every time she see's this guy and all she can say is "Oh my god ,look at his hair " !

I would like to discover what happened to Jimmy Hoffa , and I would also like to discover a Mayan temple in the middle of the jungle with a golden idol , just like Harrison Ford did in Raiders of the Ark !

All the Best ,Fashion Frank

Story

I'll Lock Up
Forensic sleuths using DNA evidence could be close to making a positive identification on the nation’s oldest missing persons case, one with deep — and nearly 100-year-old — roots in Oregon.

Marvin A. Clark, 75, was last seen at a bus terminal on Southwest Salmon Street in downtown Portland on Saturday Oct. 30, 1926.

He took a bus from his Tigard home to downtown Portland, presumably to visit his daughter, Mrs. Sidney McDougall, on Northwest Hoyt Street, according to reports in The Oregonian at the time.

Clark, the former town marshal of Linnton, suffered from paralysis on his right side and walked with a pronounced limp and halting gait. He apparently carried no letters or any other identification and had only a small amount of money with him, news accounts said.

Despite a $100 reward offered by his daughter, no trace of Clark was ever found.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2014/04/case_of_oregon_mystery_bones_f.html

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
The mystery I'd like solved is who murdered my former pediatrician on Halloween night in 1967. My pediatrician and his wife were coming home from his medical office and when they turned into their driveway, according to his wife, there were baskets lining the road. Thinking it to be a Halloween prank, his wife got out to move the baskets, she saw what was described in the local paper as "a sinister figure" come out from behind a lilac bush, who then fired a shot into the driver's side of the car. She ran back to the car, told her husband she thought she'd been shot, then saw him slumped over and bleeding from the throat. The doctor was pronounced dead at the scene and his wife received superficial gunshot wounds to her shoulder, arm, and left breast. To this day, the small town local gossip has it that the doctor was a notorious womanizer and most people believed his wife had actually hired someone to murder him, which is why her wounds were only superficial. The police, however, had a suspect, but could never prove he was the murderer. I was only 6 at the time and in my eyes the doctor was the wonderful man who held me every time I had to get blood drawn and told me it was okay to cry. The murder remains unsolved to this day.

Here's a link to a newspaper article written 34 years after the murder, if anyone is interested:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1298&dat=20011027&id=ETQzAAAAIBAJ&sjid=3QgGAAAAIBAJ&pg=4496,7424225

Last edited:

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We had our own gruesome Halloween mystery. On Halloween Night 1940, a sixteen year old girl living in the South End of this town was murdered and dismembered by her stepfather, and the body parts were hidden in various locations around the house. Every part was found and accounted for by the police -- except the girl's head, which has never been found. The legend is that he tossed it off one of the wharves, but it never washed ashore and has never otherwise reappeared. The fate of "Pauline's Head" has been the stuff of gruesome campfire stories ever since.

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
And they say small town life is quiet...

(For the little it's worth, it doesn't strike me that the Dr's wife was involved, from reading that article. I've no insight into poor Pauline's head. Except *shudder*)

I don't believe it either, but you'd have to understand the mentality of the people who live in this small town. They love you while you're in the room with them, but when you leave, you're fair game for all kinds of gossip - no matter whether it's true or not. I still have relatives who live there and who, unfortunately, still do this. In fact, I've been the recipient of some of this untrue, baseless gossip in the past. Which is why I choose to no longer have contact with them. Seriously, almost 48 years later and they're still perpetuating "the wife did it" rumor? Of course, I didn't help matters by saying something about it myself. <Smacks own hand for spreading unsubstantiated gossip>

Last edited:

DecoDame

One of the Regulars
Yes, but I do understand how hard it would be to not conjecture or speculate with something so sensational and...morbid, happening in your own back yard. It's human nature to try and make sense of it, understand how it happened, and try and make yourself feel safe again can be part of it, not just gossipy interest (tho yeah that too lol). So don't slap yourself too hard!

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
What's unsettling to me now is that in those days my grandparents, who lived near the doctor, rarely locked their doors - even at night. It's also unsettling that the next summer, there was a man who came to my grandparents' house asking to use the phone. He was well-dressed in a dark blue suit, hat, and he was wearing a dark gray raincoat, to this day I can still see the coat billowing in the wind because a storm was brewing up that afternoon. Normally, as I said, the doors would have been unlocked, but for some reason that day my grandmother had locked both the front and back doors. My grandfather worked shift work, but was working days then, so it was my grandmother, my 14 year old male cousin, and me (age 7) at home that day. Something about the man bothered my grandmother so she told my cousin to get my grandfather's pistol. The man said his car had broken down and he needed to use the phone to call someone to come get him. My grandmother lied and said we didn't have a phone. Then he asked if her husband was at home. She lied again and said he was home but he was sleeping because he worked nights. It was then the man started trying to open the front door and get into the house - he was actually pushing on the door trying to get in. My grandmother yelled at him that she was going to call the sheriff's department - guess she forgot we didn't have a phone (lol) and he turned, walked out of our yard, and down the road. We never saw any car on the road - broken down or otherwise. He disappeared around the curve of the road and we never saw him again. I still shudder to think what would have happened if my grandmother hadn't locked the front and back doors that day. Btw, from the front window we saw him walking up the road and he passed 3 other houses he could have stopped at before ours to ask to use the phone and just across the road from our driveway was a little mom and pop gas station/convenience store that he would have had to know would have a phone, why did he choose my grandparents' house?

Last edited:

DecoDame

One of the Regulars
What the Hell?!?! :eek:

That's extremely weird and disturbing. WHY did he pick that house? I still want to know! How did your Grandma's spidey sense kick in when it did? Yes, I have to say, that's really creeping me out right now.

Sounds like a Man in Black. ;)
mib.jpg
Too bad we have many all-too-human creeps out there to get away with blaming the boogie men...

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Roswell.

At the moment it's the Roswell incident 1947.

I want to see the allien bodies they have in Area 51.

It would be nice disclosure of that mystery.

About time too

Roswell.

About time too

Boy, you would bring this up after I recently watched a program that said we have 4 massive interstellar cruisers in orbit with 40 shuttles. These are keeping earth safe from the ETs that we have deemed a threat. We got the technology from the crashed saucer in 1947. Believe what you want. :p

HadleyH

I'll Lock Up
Boy, you would bring this up after I recently watched a program that said we have 4 massive interstellar cruisers in orbit with 40 shuttles. These are keeping earth safe from the ETs that we have deemed a threat. We got the technology from the crashed saucer in 1947. Believe what you want. :p

Love it!!!!!!!:flame::thumb:

Roswell.

About time too

I was born on the same day and year as the Roswell incident in July 1947...or they say I was born. All I know for sure is I got here some way...[huh]:alien:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy