Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

ITG

Call Me a Cab
MudInYerEyes,
Oswald is buried about 15-20 minutes from where I live.

I'm not sure which Golden Era lady I resemble, but when I was younger, people use to say I looked like Jennifer Grey (Dirty Dancing gal). She has since had a nose job and I don't look so much like her any longer.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I don't think I look like any of the Golden era stars... what do you think?

thepie-vi.jpg

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
That's a good one, but-
No that would be a 'normal' one-in-a-million- you're a 'real' one-in-a-million, like I said, which is far, far rarer than those zeros describe.

Your face evokes a certain sly charm and confidence but I am at a loss to find a doppelganger, clone or dead ringer, or even a spitting image or any kind of counterpart in likeness from the Vintage World.

B
T

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
Well, I have no idea... My friend, who is a wag, said she didn't know who I looked like, but personality-wise I resemble Sam Spade. I affectionately told her that should she care to contribute a second comment of that nature, I would make like Spade and slap her face, and she'd like it. ;)

Anyway, I finally have a Photobucket account. I found a photo - out of date and out of focus, but me nonetheless. Any celebrity lookalike suggestions? :) (Ladies, please ignore the bad hair! I had never even heard of pincurls back then!)

Meg4.jpg

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I often hear that I look like Betty Grable or Marilyn Monroe (I've had several people tell me that I have Marilyn Monroe eyes), and a couple of photographers have told me that I have a Jean Harlow profile.

47b3d900b3127cce9bdb1427dba300000015108AatmbRq2ctP
47b5d838b3127cce9234a41fef1b00000015108AatmbRq2ctP

47b5d725b3127cce93aa3f218ed900000015108AatmbRq2ctP
head14.jpg

Chad--you do look a whole lot like Bogart!

And I can see Angelicious' resemblence to Marion Davies.

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Lauren Henline said:
Angelicious, You look like Marion Davies to me. You have the perfect early 30's face.
I agree! Angelicious, why don't you do the curls, loose the glasses, and take a photo JUST like this one. Bet you'd be a dead-ringer! (On second look, you have better lips!)

jitterbugdoll said:
I often hear that I look like Betty Grable or Marilyn Monroe (I've had several people tell me that I have Marilyn Monroe eyes), and a couple of photographers have told me that I have a Jean Harlow profile.
JBD: You have got to STOP posting those photos of yourself. My heart can't stand the strain! (And my wife can't understand WHY I enjoy this place so VERY VERY much!)

ZF

PS: I don't want French fried potatoes, red-ripe tomatoes, I'm never satisfied! I want the frim fram sauce with the oss-en-fay with sha fafa on the side!

Chad Sanborn

A-List Customer
Ahhhooooooooooogggaaaaaaaa!!!!!
My eyes popped out of my head like a cartoon looking at those photos of Jitterbugdoll!!! (insert wolf whistle here)

Angelicious, you do look like Marion Davies. Nice pouty, full lips...

OK, I gotta go cool off after these photos...

Chad

D

Deleted member 259

I really need to scan new photos

I couldn't be so bold as to compare myself to Hedy Lamarr- but Golden era women with black/brunettes corkscrew curls seem to have been in rare supply.
(Feel free to prove me wrong!)
I've never been compared to anyone else before, celebrity or otherwise, except for a Bonny & Clyde comment once.
But I was told once that I look like I just walked off the set for a Silent Film.

42893807.jpg
lamarr1.jpg

039_68588.jpg
cb7d6496.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo