Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

D

Deleted member 259

Thanks BT!

JBD, what was Merle Oberon in? (I'm assuming she was an actress.) I'm not familar with the name.

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
She was indeed an actress; one her more well-known roles was as Catherine in "Wuthering Heights".

Here is a great website (and the webmaster has created tribute websites to many other golden era stars):
http://classicmoviefavorites.com/oberon/

oberon026.jpg
oberon081.jpg

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Carpecaligo --

When I see your face and those big, luminous eyes, I think silent films -- I think Louise Brooks and Clara Bow. WIll dig up some photos on Google.

Modern actress-wise, do I see a little of Deborah Winger in the eyes?

karol

Wild Root said:
I would have to say James Stewart as well. My mother tells me that I remind her of Stewart with my old suits and hats. I'm also 6'3" just tall as he was and well, I'm almost as thin and some have told me that they see some resemblance. I also like his attitude and mild manners. He's one of my favorite actors and when people tell me that I remind them of him, I'm honored.

Here's to the James Stewarts of the lounge :cheers1:

WR.

Oh please! More like Alvin Karpis. The resemblance is uncanny. You sure you don't have some family that you don't want to remember? :p ;)
Tell me I am completely wrong: :cool2: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=1584&page=3&pp=15&highlight=Alvin+Karpis

Regards to all,

J

BrooklynJack

New in Town
Okay...I ain't personally sure who I look like. So, because I'm one of millions of billions of head-shot-ed actors, lemme post mine, maybe some of you can give it a puzzlin' over. This ain't me being arrogant by postin' pictures. I wanna know who I look like, dammit!

Granted, I don't think anyone had long hair except for a movie role, but still.

justin_samples4.jpg

Here's one of me with a semi-appropriate mustache.

Picture101.jpg

D

Deleted member 259

oberon026.jpg
Scan10001.jpg

I can see it - Thanks!

Oh, and Brooklyn Jack - Don't Worry, these are all my head shot pics that have proved useless thus far!

BrooklynJack

New in Town
Tarantino, huh?

Someone keep me from murdering Zemke.

Quentin...
250px-250px-Quentin_Tarantino.jpg

Me...
Picture103a.jpg

Okay...maybe I shouldn't be so belligerent...better than Dougie Howzer. Got that a lot as a kid.

rubyredlocks

Practically Family
JBD- Definitely a strong Betty Grable resemblance,a very vintage look.

Lauren-In your pic,where you're reclined I see a resemblance to Veronica Lake.

Like the others,I have no idea who I look like. I feel my features are more modern,so I think it's hard to peg me.Plus,my wardrobe consists now of several decades,still mostly 40s/50s as these suit my figure best.
I've gotten a few redhead references,everything from Lucy to a young Carol Burnett,so I think people just key in on the haircolor. (Or my penchant for goofiness)
There are plenty I wish I looked like!

A few pics,to see what ya'all think:
Going for a 40s feel with this one.
47b4d601b3127cce9a3b438247ba00000016109AbOXLFk0bS

Bachelorette party,modern,I do not usually sport the red veil with purple tiara,but I am tempted to start.
47b4d703b3127cce9a3b40693afa00000016109AbOXLFk0bS

Definitely 50s,my "I'm running away with all the beer I can hold"pic.Apparently I can only hold 2 bottles. Enthusiastic,but light drinker.
426ef6f768fcb.jpg

Any golden era resemblences out there for me?

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
Lauren Henline said:
Angelicious, You look like Marion Davies to me. You have the perfect early 30's face.
Zemke Fan said:
I agree! Angelicious, why don't you do the curls, loose the glasses, and take a photo JUST like this one. Bet you'd be a dead-ringer! (On second look, you have better lips!)
Thanks guys! Pity I'm an early '40s kind of a gal... ;)

I found another one of her I think looks a bit like me:

marion1.jpg

Mimi Thomas said:
angel--you look like Virginia O'Brien to me...
Thanks, it took a bit of hunting, but I found of pic of her:

obrienv4.jpg

I can see a bit of a resemblance there too. :) Thanks for your suggestions everyone! :)

Angelicious

One of the Regulars
Chad Sanborn said:
Here is a pic to compare me to Bogart...so so...
In a few years maybe.
(Snipped for bandwidth)
yeah, Chad, I can see that! You just have more hair than Bogey... ;)

Actually, in his youth, my Grandad bore a resemblance to Humphrey Bogart, just a little darker and heavier in features. Well, as long as he didn't open his mouth - the SE Scottish accent would have given it away. :p

Here's to Grandad Tom... :cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo