Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
ITG said:
Hemingway, I think you resemble Mark Wahlberg a bit (aka Marky Mark). He grew up in Boston by the way.
Now there's my loyal girl! :)

The Wolf said:
Hemingway, I truly meant no insult. You are definately better looking than Ernest Borgnine. I happen to like W. C. Fields. True, he looked like heck in his later years but had a fine face in his youth.
[/url]

I guess I had better not ask who I look like.
http://img294.imageshack.us/my.php?image=2002136im.jpg

The Wolf
I wasn't insulted. My response reads much harsher than I meant it. My reply was meant as something you would say to one of your friends who was ribbing you, like "Come on, could you possibly compare me to someone uglier!" Don't worry about it at all. We're Pals.

And besides, I have ITG to reassemble my fragile ego! ...And Jerry to shatter it once again.

Actually, in the picture you posted, I would say you look a bit like Tom Skerrit, circa "Top Gun."

Michaelson

One Too Many
Most recently, I was told I looked like Civil War General Burnside on the Union side of the conflict. I don't know if that was a compliment, or if I should have smacked the tar out of the guy, considering what a lousy general Burnside was![huh] ;)

Regards! Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
Grant did all right...Burnside, on the other hand.....well, let's say his track record left a lot to be desired, and he DIDN'T hit the whiskey like Grant...maybe THAT was his problem!:beer: ;)

Regards! Michaelson

Wild Root

Gone Home
Here is an original photo from a dance club in the 40's. There was no Photoshop work done to the image other then adding text and the arrow!

image77copy8vp.jpg

=WR=

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I have been told I look a bit like Cagney

What do you think, maybe when I'm older. My grandfather used to get stopped on the street and asked "Are you Jimmy Cagney". I take after that side of the family.

cag.jpg

ResizeofResizeofDCP_1046.jpg

Old Fogey UK

One of the Regulars
Angelicious said:
In the spirit of recent posts, I thought I'd ask, and see if I got any bites:

If you had to name the Golden Era celebrity you most resemble (either physically, or in attitude/personality), who would it be?

And now the kicker; I'm still trying to think of mine... ;)

I'd like to be able to say John Dillinger, but there's no resemblance, I'm afraid.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
another apology to Hemingway

Yesterday I thought about my comparison of HJ and WC. I starting thinking about Fields and I realized his great girth. I wanted to apologise then but my computer wouldn't let me onto the "net".
Hemingway, in no way was I saying you were as big as W.C., only that I thought the face was similar.

The Wolf

Jessica

One of the Regulars
I am often told I look like Marilyn Monroe. That's why I'm lucky enough to work as a Marilyn Tribute Artist and pinup model. Please check out my site and take a look. I'm not sure I know how to upload a photo into my posts yet...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran