Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm Thinking About a Lost Worlds Easy Ryder

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I'm going to get a new jacket when I finish slimming down and my current heartthrob is the Lost Worlds Easy Ryder. Anyone have opinions? I thought of getting the cowhide over the horsehide because I didn't want to have to wrestle with the break-in, but their website says they're both equally stiff and take about a month to break-in. Does that compute with people's experience. Also I once ordered a jacket from Kim at Vanson that was in stock so they sent it right away. Then I read in horror on this board about people ordering from Vanson and waiting six to nine months. So what's the story with Lost Worlds on that score? I wouldn't want to order from Aero, even though I like their Rocker a lot, because I just don't want to wait that long.

Lando

Practically Family
I've never had more than a month and a half wait with Lost Worlds. I've ordered a few jackets from them and most arrived in about a month. As for horsehide or cowhide? I'll always go horse over cow. You're going to get stiff hide either way that needs to be broken in. Horsehide always feels like it has more longevity to me. You can always ask if they have any of their midweight hides on hand. I have an Easy Ryder in their midweight blue horsehide and there was practically no break in with that leather. Also, their goatskin has a nice heft to it but is very smooth. A Ryder in goatskin would hang nice. Hope any of that helps.

pauleway

Practically Family
I'm going to get a new jacket when I finish slimming down and my current heartthrob is the Lost Worlds Easy Ryder. Anyone have opinions? I thought of getting the cowhide over the horsehide because I didn't want to have to wrestle with the break-in, but their website says they're both equally stiff and take about a month to break-in. Does that compute with people's experience. Also I once ordered a jacket from Kim at Vanson that was in stock so they sent it right away. Then I read in horror on this board about people ordering from Vanson and waiting six to nine months. So what's the story with Lost Worlds on that score? I wouldn't want to order from Aero, even though I like their Rocker a lot, because I just don't want to wait that long.

There is a real nice LW Half-Belt(size-42)on e-bay right now!

IXL

One Too Many
Just order it! Whenever it happens to come in you will be delighted, I'm sure. Then, when you post rave reviews it might push me over the top and I'll order one. And don't forget to post images on MV

dortiz

One of the Regulars
Have one and man its a GREAT jacket. Mine is in HH but I will say having bought one in Cowhide too that its also just a stunning and much softer way to go.

IXL

One Too Many
I think the OP won't mind if I hijack his thread a little bit.
Dortiz, have you been getting in much saddle time on the new ride?

oneterrifichog

Practically Family

Uh, Made in U.S.A can't get no better than this! I have never had a problem with Stuart. Personally I would order Horse. If he has to make it I would ask him if he could drop the knitted cuffs on the inside of the sleeves. I have had these before and the damn things screw with your watch or shirt cuffs.

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Uh, Made in U.S.A can't get no better than this! I have never had a problem with Stuart. Personally I would order Horse. If he has to make it I would ask him if he could drop the knitted cuffs on the inside of the sleeves. I have had these before and the damn things screw with your watch or shirt cuffs.

Thanks! That's just the kind of stuff I want to know. Personally, I usually don't wear a watch on my bike because I always carry a cell phone and I don't wear shirts with cuffs either, but I still think I would not want those knitted cuffs inside the sleeves. I would want to ride with the wrists unzipped if I got too hot and wanted some venting, so the knitted cuffs would be a negative feature. Of course one wants to keep the option of exchanging, if necessary, and their web site is very specific that they don't want to take any non standard jackets back into their inventory. Yikes!
Any other surprises?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR