Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Impressive homage to RAF Bomber Boys

Chas

One Too Many
My uncle John (dad's older bro.) was in Bomber Command- he joined the prewar RCAF and his job was to fly around the prairies helping to set up bases for the CATP. He was in flight school and had a training accident in his AT-6 and had something of a head injury which washed him out of pilot's training and delayed his deployment overseas; he subsequently qualified as a Bomb-aimer and flew a few op's in late '44 and 1945. Nothing too hairy; by the time he got overseas the Luftwaffe was pretty much done. Most of his friends in his pilot's course were KIA or in training accidents or just from accidents while on active service.

Whithead

Familiar Face
Spitfire:

Keep us in the loop...I can't get the trailer to play but just from the website, I'll be buying when it comes out!

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
According to their FB site: The DVD will be out "in time for Christmas". And can be ordered directly from the production company on the same site.

Last edited:

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Pre-Ordering

Bugger - they don't mail to Denmark. Yet.

Hi Spitfire,

On the link you provided I contacted Steven Hatton via Email. He informed me that as long as I had a machine which is compatible with Region 2 it would be fine to place an order. In my case (USA) using the Australian/New Zealand shipping price.

If you have a machine which is Region 2 compatible, why not ask Mr. Hatton if you can order from your location? He replied to me very quickly!

I keep one PC (Windows) with the media player set on Region 2 so I am set and my pre-order placed.

John

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Thanks - will try that. Denmark IS in Region 2, so no problem there.
(Edit) Got it - emailed Steven and presto - one dvd under way!

Last edited:

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Finished watching "Into the Wind". My only complaint is that even with the special features, I would have liked it to last even longer! The note with the DVD said that would probably be releasing more material in the future.

John

Warden

One Too Many
The BBC have put up an amazing slideshow of Bomber Command in relation to the new Bomber Command memorial. See the news story on the link below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18584659

_61130026_bc8.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael