Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Improvements to my Dobbs

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Decided to dress up my Dobbs, pictured here:
2113884897_e53b9f384f.jpg

2113885003_1fbd1b55a5.jpg

I removed the braid, and replaced it with the black ribbon from my seldom-worn Bailey. I took the bow completely apart and re-did it myself, trying to improve it a bit by off setting two layers of ribbon in the center part of the bow. A little steam allowed me to add some extra detail to my center dent:
2114655056_65379d8830.jpg

2113878227_cdabd94cf8.jpg

tandmark

One of the Regulars
Hi,

Yeah, replacing that braid with something bolder seems like a great move.

You haven't yet posted any photos of you wearing the improved Dobbs, which should really prove whether the operation was a success.

And that's not completely a matter of whether it looks better on you, really. What I mean is, that my guess is that the contrasting ribbon would tend to attract the eyes of anyone viewing you. That would lift their focus up, so that they'd be looking into your eyes when speaking with you. And eye-contact is a key to honest conversations and communication in general. So I'm betting that the new ribbon is going to make the hat work for you.

Plus a contrasting ribbon makes this hat look better just sitting by itself! :)

Cheers,
Mark

airforceindy

One of the Regulars
Good point, tandmark. I will have my wife snap a couple shots, perhaps this afternoon. Hats are meant to be worn, right?

Thanks for all the compliments thus far, gentlemen!

Andy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80