Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In pictures: Aero 38-1711-P Type A-2

Edward

Bartender
I love that really dark, almost-black brown. It's a shade I associate very much with Steve Macqueen's Great Escape jacket.

The jacket looks good to me, but I’m not an A-2 owner. I have seen comments about tunnelling, when the knits disappear up the sleeve like this - apparently it isn't considered ideal. If you like the feel of longer sleeves I wouldn’t worry about it.

I actually like a little tunnelling myself! :)

Rockin' Dog

New in Town
Nice Choice in Jacket, Sir J.
I'm still going through the process of getting an A-2 built by Aero, and the Seal Jerky HH with Rust knits is exactly what I've had in mind! You're right about the Jerky being almost black...the sample I was sent was the darkest brown I've ever seen!

What I really like about the Seal Jerky from my sample, is after a bit of scouring with the fingernails most of the clear gloss rubs away, and then the seal starts to break up to reveal the rather nice (IMO) red undertones. It promises a decent patina and It should look great after you've given it some action and beaten the hell out of it!

The sleeve length looks borderline on the long side, though I'd just wait after a few months of wear before making any decision to shorten them.

Foster

One of the Regulars
My recently acquired Aero A-2 is also the very dark brown seal, almost black. I've only managed about one week worth of breaking in, but depending on the light I can already see some of the red undertones, which are quite nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo