Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

IN THE EVENT YOU WIN THE LOTTERY

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Why not lessen the stress of deciding and order one of each?? What the heck, if we are going to dream...dream BIG.
It kindof like window shopping. If I'm going to do that I'll look at the best. After all, if I'm not going to buy, I might as well not buy a Rolls instead of not buying a VW. True?

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Hartford York is the most overpriced company on the web. Do your homework and shop around !!:cool2:

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
If I hit it big on the Lotto...

...hats are not at the top of my agenda...hats are on the agenda, just not at the top. College funds, Move to the High Desert, Kennels, German Shepherds, Horses...I can think of alot more stuff than hats...

besdor said:
Hartford York is the most overpriced company on the web. Do your homework and shop around !!:cool2:

I was waiting for one of you more knowledgable gents to make that observation before I weighed in. Yup, those prices seem more than a little steep to me, too. You gotta wonder how many they actually sell.

JimD

New in Town
Winning Lottery

Actually $1,000 is a good price compared to the $6,500.00 beaver felt Cowboy hat at http://www.montecristihats.com/furfelt_super.htm!

varga49

One of the Regulars
I believe I'll have to pass...

....on the Milano...why buy manufactured Cr*p when the best custom hatters are all here? Ditto!! Bob!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
A cowboy hat called the "Casablanca?"

Maybe a panama hat, maybe a Bogie-style fedora, but a western hat?

And -- whew! -- a thousand dollars for it!?

Curiouser and curiouser....

karol

Dave Keith

Familiar Face
If I were to win the lottery it would be a major miracle since I don't play. But for the sake of argument, I think I would order a hat from Art then drive up there to pick it up in the Ferrari!

Now that would be a road trip. Of course, with the head room in a Ferrari, I would have to buy a convertible and have Art install an industrial strength windcord.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Sadly ,Hartford York does quite well. The company that owns them has a lot of money and spends a fotune on the catalog and website . A lot of people have no idea what the right price is for a hat . The world is a big place .:cool2:

The Wingnut

One Too Many
*scrapes jaw off of the floor*

GOOD LORD, HAVE MERCY.

If I was spending that sort of money, it wouldn't be on a hat!

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Boys, boys, boys...

You didn't read the advertising closely enough!!

The ad specifies that for $1000 you get "The Casablanca Pure Beaver." Now OBVIOUSLY we're talking about virgin beaver here and I -- for one -- would gladly pay that kinda money to know that the beaver on my head is "pure" and had NEVER engaged in illicit beaver "frolic."

ZF

Aaron Hats

Vendor
besdor said:
Sadly ,Hartford York does quite well. The company that owns them has a lot of money and spends a fotune on the catalog and website . A lot of people have no idea what the right price is for a hat . The world is a big place .

I always wondered how they survived considering their extremely high prices. Must be nice to have a giant bankroll.

We get requests almost daily for a catalog. Looks like it might be worth it if you had the money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot