Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indiana Jones hat dimensions

TheManInTheHat

One of the Regulars
I don't get the infatuation either, Anthony. But I guess everyone needs a reason to get out of bed in the morning.

You've made me think about this. And some of those Indi freaks are positively scary with their obsession. But if I'm charitable, isn't it just their slightly weird way of appreciating the Golden Age? Maybe they start with the Indi Fedora, then progress to a more general appreciation of 1930s style. I would hope so. I came at it from a different angle. All my male ancestors seem to have been avid hat wearers - apart from my dad, who's from the JFK era hat rejecting generation. So I've always loved hats, including high crown asymmetric wide brim British rabbit-felt Fedoras.

You've made me think about this. And some of those Indi freaks are positively scary with their obsession. But if I'm charitable, isn't it just their slightly weird way of appreciating the Golden Age? Maybe they start with the Indi Fedora, then progress to a more general appreciation of 1930s style. I would hope so. I came at it from a different angle. All my male ancestors seem to have been avid hat wearers - apart from my dad, who's from the JFK era hat rejecting generation. So I've always loved hats, including high crown asymmetric wide brim British rabbit-felt Fedoras.

It's just human nature. In every "hobby" or any subject that attracts people, whether it be movies, books, politics, etc., there are those that obsess over detailed things. Perhaps it's the cosplayer who just has to get that Sailor Moon costume down to the last stitch, or the Trekkie who can rattle off the specs of every version of the Enterprise, The Edgar Allen Poe fan that dresses like him (or leaves flowers on his grave), or the vintage folks on this very forum who obsess over being "authentic" in their costuming and lifestyle.

Yeah, they're freaks, but I usually get along well with freaks, and I harbor them no ill will.

Except Bronies and Furries. Nope. Those people are weird.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot