Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indoor fountains

My very simple question:
Is there any brand, you can unconsidered recommend me?

I mean, we got some very nice looking stuff in stores, here, of course. But all I saw in the last years didn't seem to be really trustworthy to me, because it seemed too cheap for my taste. I would just like a reliable one.

My very simple question:
Is there any brand, you can unconsidered recommend me?

I mean, we got some very nice looking stuff in stores, here, of course. But all I saw in the last years didn't seem to be really trustworthy to me, because it seemed too cheap for my taste. I would just like a reliable one.

Can you give an example of what you're talking about? I think something may have been lost in translation.

I see, the best thing probably is building one yourself.

My wife has purchased a few of them, but I haven't paid attention to why they don't seem to stick around. Probably the cheapness you talk about. I'm sure if you wanted, you could spend the money to buy a really nice one.

But yeah, a few rocks, a box, and a small pump and you can probably do as good a job yourself.

@Frunobulax
I did another deep recherche, yesterday evening and read as many negative recencions as possible. That confirmed my impression, when I watched in stores a time ago. Even recensions on some, I really saw in the stores! Yeah, the borderline seem to be 100 bucks. All stuff below seems more or less shortliving stuff with loud pumps. So let's see, if I find some other interesting stuff.

Ok, my loungers, let's give it a try!
It's a storebrand one from garden center. 35 bucks.

I choose exactly this one, because it's a very simple one with straight water flow, which can't splash any water outside the bowl.
AND it was said online to have a really silent pump, which is true!! You can't hear the water-covered pump from 50 cm distance on.

It came with seven smaller deco stones and I bought some extra.

PS:
I filled destilled water in.

Attachments

• IMGP9208.JPG
    IMGP9208.JPG
    158.2 KB · Views: 70
  • IMGP9211.JPG
    IMGP9211.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Sorry, my loungers, I'm too weak. :cool:

Second pic is in bleach-bypass.

All storebrand, with the same 2 Watt pumps.

Attachments

• IMGP9221.JPG
    IMGP9221.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMGP9223.JPG
    IMGP9223.JPG
    230.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMGP9214.JPG
    IMGP9214.JPG
    152 KB · Views: 64
With this one, I had a little work, but it went out fine.
And I put some kitchen roll paper under it, so the feet don't touch the ground! Now, it's praktically silent.

And IF the pump sometimes still gives some buzzing after starting, just pull the plug out the socket and reconnect!
That worked everytime, here!

Attachments

• IMGP9248.JPG
    IMGP9248.JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 64

Ingramite

One of the Regulars
We have two cats that love drinking from moving water. This has kept us on the search for something beyond short term solutions with indoor fountains.

We haven't hit on anything yet that works beyond a few weeks. The pumps all seemed short lived. Plagued by noise and vibration.

panigale

New in Town
My parents old 1920 house had an indoor fountain which they removed when they remodeled.

I kept the lions head. Not sure why.

Attachments

• IMG_1776.jpeg
    IMG_1776.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1778.jpeg
    IMG_1778.jpeg
    395.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1779.jpeg
    IMG_1779.jpeg
    557.3 KB · Views: 25

Forum statistics