Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inexpensive Burgundy Brogues with thicker soles. Suggestions?

Rambo66

New in Town
I'm looking for a pair of relatively inexpensive burgundy wingtips/brogues with a thicker to sole to wear with jeans and casual pants. Suggestions please.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
How about a ballpark number.....

One man's 'relatively inexpensive' is another man's 'outrageously overpriced'. [huh]

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^^^^
Tomasso said:
One man's 'relatively inexpensive' is another man's 'outrageously overpriced'. [huh]

Hate to repeat but...

Which ballpark under $200?

$50-90?
$95-150?
$150-200?
$10-30?

You could always try some of the low-end Florsheims with rubber soles. Or I imagine Stacy Adams makes a wingtip that's under $100. Johnston Murphy's are probably under $200. Just about any modern shoe maker offered in a mall or men's suiting store probably has a model under $200.

Or if you can settle for a cap toe (as opposed to wingtip), you could get a pair of Dockers cap toes for around $50-60; they're a nice pair of shoes for the money.

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
You'll be surprised how many good Allen Edmonds come up on Ebay

I'd second this, I've had excellent luck on ebay and the Lounge picking up really good quality shoes both new and almost new for very low prices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters