Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Info. request! Star Sportswear "Kurland" Half-belt with fur collar. Vintage 1950s?

tweedydon

Call Me a Cab
I've recently acquired this Star Sportswear Half-belt, but don't know much about the company or the particular model of the jacket. Any advice would be very welcome!

I should note that this jacket will be available (cheaply, to find it a new home!) in the "Sales" forum; it needs to be conditioned, some minor repairs to the lining of the sleeves, and it needs a new main zip! I mention this only to be up-front; it seems a bit sneaky to ask for information on an item that will be for sale without noting this is its fate! :)

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a nice looking jacket tweedydon. I have a couple Star Sportswear G-1 flight jackets (one from 1969 and one from 1972) but this is the first civilian jacket I've seen from them. The collar jumped right out at me because it looks exactly like the mouton collar they used on their navy jackets.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Star Sportswear Mfg Co. was founded in 1918 and was located in Lynn Massachusetts. The company closed in the early 1990s. Star Sportswear used the identical Kurland label on their early 1940s civi A-2 jackets. They had been awarded one government contract for A-2s in 1942. I suspect this coat dates from the mid 1940s. Please can you post a picture of the zip puller.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner