Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Insole for Frye Engineer boot??

JanSolo

Practically Family
Great boot! I was also considering one of these. Since 2011 they have a German retailer who stocks this particular model. ( www.classic-kontor.de) I was wondering how comfortable they are. I once tried a pair of RW Pecos which were a good fit but they kept dragging my socks down. After 5 steps I had to pull up my socks. Do you experience somthing similar with these?

holdencain

One of the Regulars
Jan,
No problems w/ my socks falling down. I have a tendency to wear white socks (i know, i know...) and they can get a little bleeding of color onto them...but that is my fault! I like them a lot. My first pair of this style.

HC

Great boot! I was also considering one of these. Since 2011 they have a German retailer who stocks this particular model. ( www.classic-kontor.de) I was wondering how comfortable they are. I once tried a pair of RW Pecos which were a good fit but they kept dragging my socks down. After 5 steps I had to pull up my socks. Do you experience somthing similar with these?

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Hi, Holdencain:

I have the same boots. I put a Spenco insole in mine for extra cushion and they are just right for comfort now. Dr. Scholl's insoles are also good for cushion. My feet cannot take the pounding of shoes on concrete without some sort of cushion, so all my boots have some kind of insole added. They work fine. Hope this helps.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
Just bought a pair myself...

The factory new pictures really don't do these boots justice. There are some pictures from marineabilly on the "engineer boots, harness boots..." thread. Just in case anyone hasn't seen them here it is...
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?43530-Engineer-Boots-Harness-Boots.../page11
HC, I'd go for an insole that is sculpted and gives support to the arch and heel of your foot. They cost a little more but I find them worth it and work well in boots like these. It all depends on how big the boots are on you as this type of insole take up more room than the flat cheaper ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy