Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting Keeper combinations on bow treatments

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Ok, I know many of the guys here have varied preferences and many hats to indulge those preferences. But, if you had to pare down your collection, or if you were going for a third, fourth or fifth hat and that was all you were going to have in your collection, what sort of ribbon treatment would really be what you would seek? Say a grey hat for universality sake.

Darker or lighter ribbon?
Bow treatment? More than one bow, say two bows, and if that, then one aft or one both fore and aft?
Ribbon keeper, all one color, contrasting color in the middle, or contrasting color on the ends? Match the color of the hat for the contrasting color or yet another color alltogether?

If not a bow, then sharks gill? Arrow look? Hat band all the way around?

I am thinkng in my mind that a grey hat with a slightly lighter color ribbon, maybe second bow aft, with a third color, either black, maroon, and middle of the keeper in the same color, or using one bow, pointing both ways, with a pink middle stripe in the keeper to honor my wife who had breast cancer. Here is my inspiration:

pink.jpg

Then I found this one and had to edit. Whoever designed this, the maker or the client, had a good eye! I usually see the keeper with the sliver in the middle a separate color. I have seen one with both sides the odd color and the middle the color of the ribbon. Here is one where, maybe you can see it, blue is on half. I have never seen one like it

3.jpg

Pics as always are welcomed!!

Edit: I went looking and found Rabbit's pics by hat body color of what hats Art made. I found that I love the keepers where the outsides portion of the three part keeper were the color of the bow and ribbon. Of that center portion there are two slivers of one color sandwhiching yet another color. One I saw had a grey bow and ribbon with a sliver of maroon sandwhiching pink in that middle bportin

Last edited:

memphislawyer

Practically Family
Ok, anyone got a closeup of say a keeper that has three colors? More specifically, I saw some VS hats that the keeper had the color of the bow on the outside of a three part keeper, and the middle portion, instead of one color, had two. It seems that the middle color of the keeper was shaded, on each side of that middle portion, by a small strip of a third color.

So you would have say grey, then red, then pink,then red, then grey. The red was just a shadow sliver.

I'm jonesing a grey ribbon, smoke grey, and thinking that red and pink would be good for the middle part of a keeper, but there might be other color combos that work, on a mid grey hat body.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany