Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interior Pocket Flap Question

Panache

A-List Customer
Hello All,

I recently purchased a couple of jackets from Target and each one has a
this little flap with two grommets on the right interior breast pocket (but not the left)

DSC08570.jpg

This is the jacket (shortened and epaulettes added for wearing with a kilt)

DSC08517.jpg

The jackets sport a third "ticket pocket" which is I believe a throwback to an older style, but I am not claiming that this flap is at all vintage.

Does anyone know what this flap and grommets are for?

Cheers

Jamie

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Security pocket?

I've never seen one with the grommets but it looks like a security pocket. I have a number that look just like that but with a button instead of the grommets.
If you lift the flap up is there a loop or anything? My thought is that you would use something to go through such a loop and the grommets to secure the pocket. Essential buttoning the pocket to deter pickpockets.

All I can think of at the moment.

Update: A picture I have found.

securitypocket-1.jpg
[/IMG]

So under the flap is a button to fasten the pocket closed.
On this one it even has a little £ sign to indicate that you would put your cash in there, I've seen a few suit do so recently.

Panache

A-List Customer
Ethan Bentley said:
I've never seen one with the grommets but it looks like a security pocket. I have a number that look just like that but with a button instead of the grommets.
If you lift the flap up is there a loop or anything? My thought is that you would use something to go through such a loop and the grommets to secure the pocket. Essential buttoning the pocket to deter pickpockets.

I double checked and didn't find anything. A friend on another board suggested it may have been to secure a billfold with some sort of string.

Hmmm...

I know that there is a style where men will have a chain attaching their wallet to their belt but have never heard or seen of doing something like that with a jacket.

The sad thing is if I write the company I have a strong suspicion that they won't have the vaguest clue! lol

Oh well, thanks for the input.

They are still nice jackets (now to get the second one altered)

Cheers

Jamie

Panache

A-List Customer
To my embarassment I have discovered it is simply a logo of the One Star brand! It shows up on other items in their line :eusa_doh:

Thanks to all who replied.

Cheers

Jamie

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany