Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introducing "Bluesmen" series from VS

scooter

Practically Family
OK, I'm confused. I love these hats, although a couple of them are much too....uhhhh..."colorful", for me, but on the first page David refers to the "Honey Boy", but I don't see any hat by that name. What am I missing?

scooter

Practically Family
I got it, Art. I kept going back up to the top of page 1 and scrolling thru slowly, trying to figure out how I was overlooking it. Having said that, it is simply a beautiful hat! I applaud your skills.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I saw John Lee Hooker in concert at the Bus Depot in Minneapolis in 1973 or so, he wore a stocking cap with a tassel on top. But if we are to imagine a John Lee Hooker hat, it would have to be different. I don't think JLH was a homburg type of guy...although I don't know what he would've, or did wear fedora-wise. What I liked best about JLH's songs were not the "bam bam bam bam" ones, but his slower, eerie songs that played with my imagination as a teenager, like Tupelo and others like it whose names I can't recall. He was like a painter with a strange landscape that he knew all about. There was also more melancholy and outright sadness, seems to me, in his work than with other bluesmen. My other impression meeting him, shaking his hand (he wasn't mobbed by patrons) was that he had a large and squishy hand, which I infer was good for handling a guitar really well.

John-Lee-Hooker.jpg

280px-JohnLeeHooker1997.jpg

Oh JLH is a Hommie and fedora guy.

J.B.

Practically Family
...What I liked best about JLH's songs were not the "bam bam bam bam" ones, but his slower, eerie songs that played with my imagination as a teenager, like Tupelo and others like it whose names I can't recall...

Good observation! So it was with me, as well... His VeeJay album Travelin' was a classic. No Shoes and Canal Street are perfect examples of the songs that you describe.

Hey, speaking of Canal Street...
Hey, speaking of New Orleans... (Shut up. I'm getting there...) :crutch:

Hey Art, if you ever create a bluesman fedora in "peluche" -- you could name it the Professor LONGHAIR ?! :D

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
OK Gentlemen, here are the last of them for now.

We're talking
Barrelhouse
Barrelhouse1-vi.jpg

Barrelhouse2-vi.jpg

crown= 5 1/2
brim= 2 3/8 bound 9 ligne
Mojave pure beaver
crown ribbon 19 ligne ? ( I'll have to recheck)

and finally
PO BOB

PoBob1-vi.jpg

PoBob3-vi.jpg

Pecan ppure beaver
6" crown open
24 ligne ribbon
6 ligne binding on 2 1/8" brim

Last edited:

Link

One of the Regulars
I love the ribbon on the Gatemouth. The Pinetop and Barrelhouse also really caught my attention.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Heck ! there all awesome !
check out the Fraying on Po-Bob.....How tall is the crown ? & what color is that
Tough Choices................................

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Cool & Tall !!!!
Say which is Taller Creased ? Blind Lemon or Po-Bob ?
awwww are these dress weight or Lite ?
Did you get more Lites.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails