Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Hi, my name is Frank and I am from Germany. Browsing the web for some solid information on A-2 jackets and Fedora hats I found this great forum. Hats off to you guys for providing so much knowledge! I already read quite a bit here and everyone seems to be very friendly - even to the newbies.
Right I am in the final stages of getting a new A-2 (the Cockpit USA 21. Century) and a matching Fedora hat. Haven´t made up my mind which one it should be but it seems that joining the Fedora Lounge won´t be the best for my bank account! :eeek:
Hope to chime in soon and to show some pictures of a new jacket and hat.

Frank

p.s.: Excuse the cheap travellers hat in my avatar, I promise to upgrade soon! ;)

Wally in Cincy

One of the Regulars
Gentlemen,

(I say that with respect. The decorum I have seen on this forum is refreshing).

I will turn 55 next week. I got married (again :rolleyes: ) in 2009 and bought my first new suit in years. It felt so good to wear I decided needed to up the ante in the clothing department. Since then I am the proud new owner of some righteous threads, thanks mostly to my wife :D

A fellow at my church wears a nice fedora and I decided I needed one. An interwebs search led me here. I have really enjoyed viewing all the wonderful hats and learning about the brands and types. As with any niche interest, the deeper you go the more you feel like you need to learn more.

As I posted on the "question" sticky thread, I am very fortunate to be within close proximity to Batsakes in Cincy. I hope to have a good experience when I go there next week, despite my ignorance.

Cheers.
All the best.

TipTop

Practically Family
Gentlemen,

(I say that with respect. The decorum I have seen on this forum is refreshing).

I will turn 55 next week. I got married (again :rolleyes: ) in 2009 and bought my first new suit in years.

As I posted on the "question" sticky thread, I am very fortunate to be within close proximity to Batsakes in Cincy. I hope to have a good experience when I go there next week, despite my ignorance.

Cheers.
All the best.

You're an a real roll! Welcome and have fun next week. Get your wife to instruct you in "patient shopping" that if done right, can take a whole afternoon in one store.

Mark Butcher

Familiar Face
Ladies and Gentlemen of the Lounge,
Having been a member for a year I have read what seems like every page of this forum. I have learned a lot and have much respect for the men and women "virtually" assembled here. I have a very small collection of hats, several flat caps by different makers, Stetson, Baily, Wiggens, and RRL, none of any vintage to speak of. I have a few fedoras, a Stetson from the 80's recently refurbished by Art Fawcett, a newer Borsalino, I found in a second hand clothing store and transformed by Optimo, and a Cuenca Panama from Panama Bob. I also have a 24x24 Montecristi stingy brim I also bought from Bob that is very nice. (Art re-flanged it for me as well). Lastly, I am in the process of buying a modern Stetson Stratoliner from a fellow Lounger. I feel I have the start of a nice collection of hats that I'll wear on a daily basis. Right now I feel pretty good about it but you all know there is always room for another and another.....
Mark

huckleberry658

New in Town
Im new to the forum. I am enjoying all the posts and information on this site. I have just on vintage, a dobbs. I am looking forward to buying more. Thanks for such a great forum.

The Gentleman

New in Town
I just found this topic, so I guess I'll do that too...

Greetings all! My name is Christopher, living in France though I'm more English than French. I got interested in suits, hats and such dressing a few months ago, and I think it's'very interesting so I surfed around on the web a little and discovered this great site (as well as The art of manliness, if anyone knows what I'm talking about). I think it's'very interesting to learn about these dressing styles, as well as the ones of the wars, and you all seem to know a lot about it, so... I'm glad I found this place!

Breakfast Boy

New in Town
Howdy fellas. Thought I would get on here and introduce myself real quick. My name is Jameson and I've been pondering the purchase of a felt fedora for some time now. Unfortunately, it never seems to be in the budget and it doesn't look like things will change anytime soon. I'm an outdoorsman (bowhunting with a longbow, upland bird hunting, etc) and would like to eventually get something similiar to the old Borsalino Traveler like Fred Bear (bowhunting legend from the old days) used to wear. Some day maybe. Anyway, just wanted to peek my head in here and say "hi"!

... I'm an outdoorsman (bowhunting with a longbow, upland bird hunting, etc) and would like to eventually get something similiar to the old Borsalino Traveler like Fred Bear (bowhunting legend from the old days) used to wear. ...

Welcome & I've bought a vintage Stetson off ebay due to seller listing it as a Fred Bear hat. My first "real" bow was a Bear takedown that I still have.
The hat is now with RBH, a bartender here.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Hey Guys & Gals...If been lurking for sometime now....Some of you I feel like I know, and some of you are my favorite corner writters...:)
I'm a Jazz Musician who grew up on the East-Coast when my Pop had a different Fedora for each color of suit he wore...aswell as shoes....He introduced me to Dizzy Gillespie when I was a teen-ager and the die was cast.....
I guess I'm a bit of a retro type cat...I still believe Be-Bop is the music of the future...I love traditional wet shaving....vintage sports cars, and when asked, "How do we dress for the gig tonight..." I always quote Monk, "As nicely as possible"...But I'm sure most of you feel the same way....lol
Nice to be here...Looking forward to the hang....and the ride....I've already learn so much from just lurking...;)
Ciao for now....

derrickyoung

New in Town
Good Evening Everyone;

Just thought I would pop an introduction in as well. Been on and off the site for about a year but just signed up yesterday. I live about 2 hours north of Toronto and am pretty much here for the love and desire for vintage lifestyle. I have pretty much been told my whole life I am old. I shave everyday with a straight Razor, smoke a pipe every night, believe women can do anything THEY choose but that does not mean we can not still respect them and treat them as ladies. I have worn a hat of some form or other for 25+ years. In high school in the 80's it was Rep ties, Bass Weejuns and never jeans. I do own 2 pairs of Jeans now but other than that not much has changed (well other than my waist line).

I like the old style from 40's and 50's but not big on the Gangster Al Capone stuff. Think more Bing Crosby.

Anyway just wanted to say Hello

fedoracentric

Banned
Looks like some incredible info here

The first time I ever wore a fedora was as a 17-year-old, on stage, as Nicely Nicely Johnson in my high school production of Guys N Dolls. I've always wanted some of my own and recently been looking for one online. Stumbled across this site and found a wealth of knowledge that will help me with this quest. Thanks guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters