Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

RJR

Welcome FWJ,you have a really nice hat in the PB.As it gets warmer,look at PBs Milan Indy.

Empirestatecap

New in Town
Hi I joined the forum about ten days ago. I bought a vintage tweed cap and went to ask .com looking for information about it and got on this site and joined. I am thankful to everyone who tried to help me. Thanks again. Mike

Last edited:

cyphers

New in Town
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, so I thought that I would go ahead and introduce myself. I live out in west Texas where it is windy and sunny. I've never considered myself to be a hat wearer, but I have often worn hats if I'm going to be outside for an extended period of time. I have a few inexpensive hats and ball caps, the best being a Tilley airflo that I wear while hiking/walking. Recently I decided that I would like to become a full time wearer of hats. After doing quite a bit of internet research I decided to order an Akubra bushman in moonstone from David Morgan for my first nice hat. It arrived last Friday, and I have been wearing it full time(when not inside) since I received it.

I would like to thank everyone here, even though I have not asked any questions the information I've found here has been a big help.

Now I just need to decide on my next hat!!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a couple of weeks, so I thought that I would go ahead and introduce myself. I live out in west Texas where it is windy and sunny. I've never considered myself to be a hat wearer, but I have often worn hats if I'm going to be outside for an extended period of time. I have a few inexpensive hats and ball caps, the best being a Tilley airflo that I wear while hiking/walking. Recently I decided that I would like to become a full time wearer of hats. After doing quite a bit of internet research I decided to order an Akubra bushman in moonstone from David Morgan for my first nice hat. It arrived last Friday, and I have been wearing it full time(when not inside) since I received it.

I would like to thank everyone here, even though I have not asked any questions the information I've found here has been a big help.

Now I just need to decide on my next hat!!

Lots more fun and info than Facebook!

From A Buick 8

New in Town
Hello, I am new to the forum. I picked up a Scala crushable Felt outback hat last year. I have worn it a few times but have recently decided to try and make wearing a hat a daily occurrence. I really do like the hat and enjoy wearing it. I am looking forward to finding more information from your site and may getting some pointers on what my next hat purchase should be (maybe something for the summer).

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
Hello, I am new to the forum. I picked up a Scala crushable Felt outback hat last year. I have worn it a few times but have recently decided to try and make wearing a hat a daily occurrence. I really do like the hat and enjoy wearing it. I am looking forward to finding more information from your site and may getting some pointers on what my next hat purchase should be (maybe something for the summer).

Welcome to the Lounge! There is a great deal of knowledge shared among the threads. It is nice to have you here!

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Hello All, Long time lurker, first post. I'm amazed at the wealth of knowledge possessed by many of the members . I myself never really delved in to the history of hat making that much, I have nonetheless amassed a rather large collection of hats, western and dress, many custom as well as stock, vintage as well, too numerous to list. I have been a hat wearer most of my adult life and I'm old enough that I should stop collecting, I'm reaching saturation point. Having said that, I currently have two hats on order, Stetsons, an Excellent Strat and a Grand Central. Am considering a VS or Tumwater, I like their approach and style, we'll see. Thank you all for having me.

Joe

skid lid

New in Town
Skills test: dogs (2).jpg Can Fedora Lounge teach an old dog a new trick? If so, perhaps time to photograph a hat. sl

Welcome Buick, JoeyC.

Joey, it sounds like you are already in trouble, sir, :eusa_clap and now in good company for further support. We're here for you, man! If you are ready to post any pictures of your specimens, look here for help.

Please do post!

JoeyC

One of the Regulars
Welcome Buick, JoeyC.

Joey, it sounds like you are already in trouble, sir, :eusa_clap and now in good company for further support. We're here for you, man! If you are ready to post any pictures of your specimens, look here for help.

Please do post!

Thanks hatsRme , I'm afraid I've been in trouble for many years. I'm rather computer illiterate, old dinosaur, perhaps I can persuade my son to tutor me and thank you for the helpful link. I look forward to posting.

Pensacola Native

New in Town
Hello Everyone,
I think I made a faux pas and posted on the forum without an introduction. I've been wearing hats for close to 30 years at work and leisure. I currently have a Guerra purchased from Meyer the Hatter in NOLA, a couple of old Resistols cowboy hats, Stratton campaign hat, a nice Open Road I got from a member here, a Scala, a Royal Stetson and a couple booney hats for yard wok. I'm closing in on the half century mark and just started a second career. I play the guitar and do some singing at a local pub on occasion. Thanks

Welcome aboard, Pensacola! Don't worry about the details of etiquette. We're a pretty easy-going bunch, not known to stand on ceremony. Welcome!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hello Everyone,
I think I made a faux pas and posted on the forum without an introduction. I've been wearing hats for close to 30 years at work and leisure. I currently have a Guerra purchased from Meyer the Hatter in NOLA, a couple of old Resistols cowboy hats, Stratton campaign hat, a nice Open Road I got from a member here, a Scala, a Royal Stetson and a couple booney hats for yard wok. I'm closing in on the half century mark and just started a second career. I play the guitar and do some singing at a local pub on occasion. Thanks

Meeeeee toooo... I made the very same "faux pas." Mea Culpa. But so far I'm still alive. And have gotten some valuable input. I should have my Guerra GQ tomorrow. "ROCK ON!"

shrek

Familiar Face
Hi new to the lounge wore hats off and on since 1970-71 but not with any knowledge. I just want to say thanks to all I learned so much while lurking. I just had to join even just for more education. Thanks again. When I become smarter with my smart phone I'll post the pic by my name and of course hats.

Welcome aboard, Shrek! You and I have approximately the same timeline in hats, ol' boy. Now that you've gone public, relax and enjoy the ride. Good to have you here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou