Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

Rodney

Familiar Face
Thanks for the welcome guys. I'm absolutely green when it comes to vintage clothing and suits in general. I have a lot of learning to do. I do know I'm tired of being worse dressed than your average homeless guy. I also know I don't care for most modern suits. The vintage stuff has a style I find much more appealing.
Rodney

el_ote

Familiar Face
Hello all! I joined up this month after scouring the interwebs for information on fedoras. The name's Elias, but Ely is easier to say. I'm not sure what i saw that got me hooked, but i do know that once I got hooked, i decided to up my wardrobe to be able to pull off a fedora. Im starting simple, but am definitely taking notes on all the awesome hats i see you all post. I started with a safe hooligan hat followed by a Scala crushable hat (i wont be crushing it), and have a Stacy Adams fedora coming in tomorrow with a 2" brim. I returned a 2.5" brim Scala because i have to gain a little more confidence for a larger brim... baby steps.
anywhoo, just thought id say hi!
-e

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Attaboy, Ely, and WELCOME Sounds like you're well along the road to hat nirvana. So much of the fun is in the hunt, but it's all good. Enjoy the affliction, don't fight it. Let it run its course. We're all here to support you!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Hello all! I joined up this month after scouring the interwebs for information on fedoras. The name's Elias, but Ely is easier to say. I'm not sure what i saw that got me hooked, but i do know that once I got hooked, i decided to up my wardrobe to be able to pull off a fedora. Im starting simple, but am definitely taking notes on all the awesome hats i see you all post. I started with a safe hooligan hat followed by a Scala crushable hat (i wont be crushing it), and have a Stacy Adams fedora coming in tomorrow with a 2" brim. I returned a 2.5" brim Scala because i have to gain a little more confidence for a larger brim... baby steps.
anywhoo, just thought id say hi!
-e

Just a hint of what "may" happen... I started a year ago. Bought what I liked in summer straws and my first felt. And... during the year and now a year later... BIGGER AND BIGGER BRIMS AND HIGHER AND HIGHER CROWNS! My point being, don't by a whole #+×^*/%$#£ load of hats that won't rock your world a year or even 6 months later. Thats my only and best advice. Enjoy the ride.

el_ote

Familiar Face
thanks guys! i'm having a blast looking through everyones pictures for ideas. you all have some beautiful hats. next on my list is some dress shirts to accent my upcoming brown hat! a summer hat sounds good too!

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Hi gentlemen,

New member here, Sergej from The Netherlands. I'm about to upgrade my two hats. Both are cheap, p**ce of c**p hats I bought to see if I would actually like wearing a hat. Must say that I got a surprising amount of use out of them. Now it's it is time to upgrade to a nice panama and a good fedora (to begin with, I'm afraid:()

Before deciding what to buy I'm checking out all the great hats you guy own!!!!

parispal

Familiar Face
Hello from Paris.

I have been wearing hats for many years, without diving in to the subject mathter. I recently purchased a Longmire hat from H-Hat Bar in Billings, the original manufacturer for the TV series, which a great 100x beaver hat.

I won't be much of an hyperactive member, but I'm already enjoying your discussions and knowledge.

Thanks for having me here.

herve in pAris

Last edited:

sergejvandervreede

One Too Many
Hello from Paris.

I have been wearing hats for many years, without diving in to the subject mathter. I recently purchased a Longmire hat from H-Hat Bar in Billings, the original manufacturer for the TV series, which a great 100x beaver hat.

I won't be much of an hyperactive member, but I'm already enjoying your discussions and knowledge.

Thanks for having me here.

herve in pAris
Hi Herve,

I'm a recent newcomer too. I'm sure you'll enjoy the time you spend here. Welcome!

Sergej

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters