Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

LostViking

New in Town
Hello everyone from the northen Adirondacks.

I stumbled upon this place many years ago, searching for info on Campaign hats. I read through the Campaign Corps thread back then. Then I lurked in and out ever since. Finally decided to register and join the discussion.

My knowledge of hats is extremely limited. But over time, hopefully I can contribute in a meaningful way. I am definitely drawn to the simpler ways and things of the past.

Looking forward to spending some time here,
LV

El Zipster

New in Town
Hi All
I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks and having just received my first 'Real' hat I thought it would be a good time to introduce myself :cool:

I'm Gary, an English guy who is enjoying early retirement and living the dream in Alicante Spain.
I've always enjoyed wearing hats but up to now have never invested in something nice. I've just treated myself to a Stetson Carson in Silverbelly and am really pleased with it, I'll post some piccies over on the 'What hat are you wearing today' thread.
I reckon the bug has already bitten because I've just pulled the plug on an Akubra Fed IV in Moonstone which will be waiting for me at my daughters home in Australia when I visit with her and my grandaughter next month :)
See you all out on the forums,
Cheers
Gary

Hey, Gary; WELCOME aboard, sir! Rest assured, your journey has just begun, and we're here for you, providing opinions, support, and generally enabling the furtherance of your affliction. Enjoy your family time down under!!

andrew_AU

A-List Customer
Hi. I've been lurking for a while but this is my first post.

I feel myself changing from a "special occasion" hat wearer to a daily hat wearer...

bassfiddlesteve

New in Town
Greetings, my name is Steve and as my user name might imply, I am a bass player. I live in Florida where I often wear hats despite the subtropical climate. The fact that I perform on stage gives me an opportunity to wear some of the more exotic hats in my collection:

Vintage Emerson Eagle Fedora
Bailey Tino Fedora
Stetson Herringbone Fedora
Capas Panama Boater
Olney Boater
Ponte Rialto Boater
Dorfman Pacific Bowler
Brixton Baxter Straw Fedora
Henschel Straw Fedora
Scala Cuffley Cap
Amicale Camelhair Cap
Kangol Beret
Kangol Golf Cap

Lately, the boaters have been getting the most love as I play with a six-piece vintage jazz band, but for daily use my camelhair flat cap and straw fedoras see the most action.

I look forward to participating in this forum.

- Steve

Last edited:
Welcome aboard to both of you!

Bassfiddlesteve (BFS, if I may) you're late!! Already well along the way to an embarrassing number of great lids! Congrats, sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner