Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it worth it?

Bertie.Wooster

One of the Regulars
So I was searching for boaters in the NZ classifieds and I came across a 'not-common' sight. It was a genuine boater. I really don't expect real boaters on the classifieds in NZ but hey, it was a G.A.Dunn & Co London Boater, perhaps it was worn by a immigrant or a London-exported Boater to NZ.

It is my size. It has no scratches, cracks, splinters or any blemish. The ribbon is rather homemade but I can glue/stitch in a new one. It is retailing at around 80USD, is that a good price?

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I paid $100 a few years ago for a Lee boater in similar shape and thought it was a reasonable price. Size makes a difference, of course--a 6 3/4 boater is probably only worth $40, but a 7 3/8 or larger is easily a $100 hat.

RJR

So I was searching for boaters in the NZ classifieds and I came across a 'not-common' sight. It was a genuine boater. I really don't expect real boaters on the classifieds in NZ but hey, it was a G.A.Dunn & Co London Boater, perhaps it was worn by a immigrant or a London-exported Boater to NZ.

It is my size. It has no scratches, cracks, splinters or any blemish. The ribbon is rather homemade but I can glue/stitch in a new one. It is retailing at around 80USD, is that a good price?
Only you can decide if a price is reasonable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot