Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is VLJ still open for registration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faster

New in Town
Hi guys,

I tried to register with a valid email address but got an error message "attempting registration". Also sent an email to info@vintageleatherjackets.org for help but there was no response either...

Does anyone know how to get an account?

Thanks.

I signed up the day that I signed up for this forum. Everything went very smooth. Just follow the directions and you'll be activated quite quickly. It might just be me, but I like reading the information and looking at the pictures on this forum a lot better. VLJ is very sterile-looking and doesn't seem to have nearly the amount of posts that this forum has.

Last edited:

Philalethes

A-List Customer
I was able to register about two weeks ago with the email I pay for. There is a warning that certain free email domains (Hotmail, Gmail, etc.) will not be accepted. Maybe that was the problem? Try opening an account with a smaller free email service, like the excellent Fastmail.

Last edited:

Philalethes

A-List Customer
It might just be me, but I like reading the information and looking at the pictures on this forum a lot better. VLJ is very sterile-looking and doesn't seem to have nearly the amount of posts that this forum has.

There seems to be a lot of good information over at VLJ, even if the design is not as polished and the forum perhaps not as active.
Of course, it is hard for any forum to beat the Lounge in my experience - especially in respect to civility.

Justhandguns

Practically Family
Yes, you'll have to use a private ISP email account to registered. I tried several months in the beginning, gmail, yahoo etc etc. No reply, nothing. Then I had to register with one of my uni alumni account and it worked. But then they wanted me to change my name to something else since 'justhandguns' is offensive and VLJ is a 'family' forum.

The information that you get from there is pretty ok, but then, after browsing for two weeks, you will actually 'finish' reading the entire site. Another problem with VLJ is, only a couple of active members are posting and responding, maybe less than 10 I suppose. There is just not enough people participating. I am a little bit disappointed really.

CR141

Familiar Face
I tried to register at VLJ, typed in the user name I wanted, my e mail and password. Then I typed in the confirmation code as it appeared and clicked submit. The next screen says that the confirmation code is incorrect. Tried again and same result. Maybe my aol e mail is not acceptable either:frusty:

Cheers
Bob

dmar836

New in Town
It's a very exclusive group so you can't just waltz in there.
Just kidding. I registered last year using my free yahoo account with no problems. I have registered for other sites that gave me such issues though but finally made it through.

Understand, the content there is much more focused than Fedoralounge so activity would naturally appear limited.

If you are into WWII flight jackets, common info is available on the web BUT at VLJ there are many members with years of experience with them - stuff not found on just any site or in just any publication.

If all you want is just a slapping match about the best A-2 repro - you can find that just about anywhere.

JMO,
Dave

Peacoat

Bartender
Understand, the content there is much more focused than Fedoralounge so activity would naturally appear limited.

If you are into WWII flight jackets, common info is available on the web BUT at VLJ there are many members with years of experience with them - stuff not found on just any site or in just any publication.

JMO,
Dave

Yep.

lapa

Familiar Face
Thanks for all the comments. I used my working email so this was not the reason. I will try again with something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo