Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

It's gotta be the shoes!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Moving to a new apartment today and while they were out I thought I would take a picture.

shoes1-vi.jpg

shoes2-vi.jpg

Bogie1943

Practically Family
WOW, what a collection. I love to two-tone's Matt. I just recently got started collecting vintage style in the shoe dept. I realized one day when I was in my closet, I had 20 some suits BUT NO really nice pairs of shoes, other then my aldens. Well now I have three different pairs of wing-tips. Black, brown and black and white. Plus a couple other pairs of cap-toed dress shoes, very nice for a start. I will try and take pics as soon as I can.:cool2:

Mr. Rover

One Too Many
I need to get some new shoes too- my two pairs of Johnston & Murphy captoes are starting to loose their arch support (as I discovered from my sore feet after a long day). I have a pair of J. Crew bluchers that need replacing, too. Well, I know what I'm shopping for this summer!

Btw, Nice avatar Bogie!

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Shoesessss......

Mr. Deckard what size shoes do you take?

I have some brown and white spectators russett and cream suede.
Somebody said it was about the shoes ?
Agreed.

232273303.jpg

232803193.jpg

232803201.jpg

232803225.jpg

232828348.jpg

232828389.jpg

232828353.jpg

232828407.jpg

232828377.jpg

The even weirder thing is... I have another three pair at the cobbler right now in preparation for the Green bay rockabilly event coming up plus spring /summer is coming too.

Jerome--- Cheaters home for wayward vintage shoes.

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
Yeah I know..... I just usually save them for my best shoes. I should be beaten, careless on my part.

My shoes would probably look nicer and hold their shape better too.

Anytime I see them at the thrift stores I pick them up if I remember.

Jerome

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
cheaterome said:
I just usually save them for my best shoes.
The most important time for shoes to have trees in them is right after they've been worn, when they're wet from foot perspiration. After the shoes have dried, the trees can be removed and the shoes wont suffer that much. Though it's best to have trees for all shoes.

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Did someone say shoes?

These are some of my everyday shoes. Most of these are repro. I'm proud (or embarrassed) to say that I have about 4 times more than this, but these are what's accessable to me right now!
IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

....and I'd go broke if I had to get all of these shoe trees!

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
SOME shoes!!!!

Nice Job!

I see violet promotions is your friend too!

Any " Mr.Nasty" Nick Barnes Specials in there?

Jerome

flat-top

cheaterome said:
Nice Job!

I see violet promotions is your friend too!

Any " Mr.Nasty" Nick Barnes Specials in there?

Jerome
I love me some Violet Promotions! And I'm sure I should know this, but who is Nick Barnes?

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
He is one of the European fellas. Lives in the US now. Has a store in Huntington Beach I think.

Big size 46/ 48 tall. Always wearing two-tone hollywoods. Semi curly black hair.

Usually has a dealer and great vintage clothing stall at the weekenders who always has a limited run of really killer shoes he has made up.

Always at VLV and been at the past couple of Green Bays..other than Snappygabs stuff probably the best vintage I have seen on a consistent basis.

Outside of just collectors/part time trader dealers...like me and you.

Jerome

flat-top

cheaterome said:
He is one of the European fellas. Lives in the US now. Has a store in Huntington Beach I think.

Big size 46/ 48 tall. Always wearing two-tone hollywoods. Semi curly black hair.

Usually has a dealer and great vintage clothing stall at the weekenders who always has a limited run of really killer shoes he has made up.

Always at VLV and been at the past couple of Green Bays..other than Snappygabs stuff probably the best vintage I have seen on a consistent basis.

Outside of just collectors/part time trader dealers...like me and you.

Jerome
Oooh, yes! I know him! BUT, I've never seen his shoes! That's what threw me!
I've gotten lots of clothes from him!

cheaterome

One of the Regulars
VERRRRRRRY Cool.

I dig the blue and grey ones.... that is a rare color combo. The green too.
Heck they are all cool.
Amazing what one amasses after you think about it .

Jerome

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Cheaterome and flat-top, your collections are incredible! :eusa_clap

I've got some vintage shoes that I've never photographed. A pair of light (dove) grey suede cap-toe oxfords from the 1940s, for instance. Pretty unusual stuff.

Here's a pair I'm waiting for the mail to bring:

3360_1.jpg

3416_1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24