Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I've ordered my first AERO!

split

New in Town
Hi,
I'm new here and this is my first post.
Just want to share with you that a few days ago i ordered a radjacke at AERO.
I'm very exited! I ordered it in FQHH brown, with brown alpaca lining and black
satin sleeves. Two vertical pockets inside. An extra leather strip on the inside at the bottom. And also two extra straps down below the sides, to avoid the wind from coming in when riding the bike...
What do you think?
PS: does it really matter who makes the jacket? Vicky, Moira or someone else.
I imagine that every jacket is thoroughly ckecked at the end...

Aether

One of the Regulars
does it really matter who makes the jacket? Vicky, Moira or someone else.

Welcome Split,

Sounds like it's going to be a nice jacket. If you're going to ride in it I'd make sure you specify a back and sleeve length, foolishly I didn't with my King of the Road and I ended up trading it in. It was just too short and breezy on the bike.
I've never specified a maker for my jackets because I didn't want to unnecessarily delay things. I've had two made by Moira and one by Edith and they were all spot-on. Basically I think you're right in saying that it really shouldn't matter who makes it, Will QC's them I believe and I'm sure he wouldn't send a jacket out that wasn't right!

split

New in Town
Thank you gentlemen!
I'll check it out Hoosierdaddy. John Lever did a good job. I fell for the radjacke
the moment i saw it!
And Aether, i have made sure that AERO will make the sleeves longer, but backlength won't be that long. I think that would ruin the specific look of the jacket. My riding position is not that bend forward either...

Dav

One Too Many
does it really matter who makes the jacket? Vicky, Moira or someone else.
I don't personally think it matters who makes the jacket I've had one made by Claire and one by Paula both excellent examples made by skilled machinists.
Looking forward to seeing your new jacket BTW.

split

New in Town
Ofcourse i will show it on the lounge as soon as it arrives. But according to Amanda it will take at least 10 weeks before it is ready. All good things come to those who wait... :)

andy richards

Practically Family
Gefeliciteerd! Congratulations! You have made an excellent choice. Can't remember seeing an Radjacke on the FL before...
Seemed to me you did your homework. Let us know when the jacket comes in!
Andy

Tip Hippo

New in Town
Split. Congrats on making the jump. I'm new here and also looking to order one soon thanks to all the great comments here. How did you order? Phone or email? From UK or US?

Thanks!

split

New in Town
Thanks guys, i'll keep you posted.
I ordered it from the UK through their site. To specify the detais i used both
email and the phone. I think email is best because then you have everything in writing. Less chance of a misunderstanding!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24