Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket from Alabama 1965, CIVIL RIGHTS MARCH

Martina

One of the Regulars
Hey Baron & Marc,
Do you remember helping me date that funky blue pinstriped suit, with the 8 buttons down the front (there's a picture of it on this thread, the page before this one)?
It sold on Ebay for $270! Who would have thought, huh? So thanks for the help getting the roof downpayment!

So here I am again, needing more help! My father-in-law from Alabama picked up a TON of old suits for me to sell and I guess I'm just gonna post some photos and hope for the best. Hope you don't mind. He buys things all year long and gives them to me in the summer. Bet your jealous, huh?

One of the things he got for me is a jacket worn durning the Civil Rights March in Alabama, in 1965, by a man who helped protect the marchers. It's dark blue, with brass 'Seal of Alabama' buttons on it. My Father-In-Law spoke to the man that wore it and the man stated that none of his children wanted anything to do with the jacket! My Father-in-Law said the old man looked like he was about to cry! -sheesh, I guess so. How does that happen? He got the blazer/jacket at a church bazaar, so I've asked him to go back and ask the Minister who the man was, so that I can give him a call and get the correct history on this jacket; I'm hoping that he might have some photos too. So, I'll post that too but I couldn't hold back on telling you first; I have no idea what I ought to do with it!! This is a HUGE delima for me!

Isn't that terrible? I don't have a picture of it right this minute, then I tell you about it anyway! I'll take one later on this evening. I have so many other things that I need to get to but I just can't get this one jacket off my mind...
talk about the history behind vintage clothing!
~Martina~

Martina

One of the Regulars
Museum, probably....

Hey Doc!
I feel that you're absolutely right but you know, I've had this since the summer and believe me, I've asked around! I've written to a couple places in Alabama and there's no one interested! I don't know whether to be shocked or just appaled!

~Marti~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic