Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket Linings, web site

alangloi

New in Town
Some companies that make jackets available from the internet seem to have a nice selection of custom jacket linings, from what I can tell from the various forum threads. So why are there no web pages with the various available jacket linings?

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Some companies that make jackets available from the internet seem to have a nice selection of custom jacket linings, from what I can tell from the various forum threads. So why are there no web pages with the various available jacket linings?

Can you clarify what you mean?

Since linings are simply fabric which is sourced from companies all over the world, no one website could exist to list them. Who would operate that website? Many of those fabrics are also used for furniture and other products. Almost any fabric can be used as lining. Some jacket makers use a product made for parachutes.

I think it's up to makers to list their options and the properites of their particular lining choices. After all, if they don't have it in teh factory, they can't use it.

alangloi

New in Town
Really did not want to single out any one company in my orginal post. When I decide to order a jacket of my choice, I'll mention the environment I expect to wear the jacket in and ask what linings they currently have, or ask for their recommendation.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Really did not want to single out any one company in my orginal post. When I decide to order a jacket of my choice, I'll mention the environment I expect to wear the jacket in and ask what linings they currently have, or ask for their recommendation.

Now I'm even less sure what you meant in the first place. But I think your onto the key issue. The linings you can chose from are the ones teh company uses. Not linings available world-wide. Of course, some companies allow you to mail them fabric.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

Now I'm even less sure what you meant in your first post. But I think your onto the key issue. The linings you can choose from are the ones the company actually uses. Of course, some companies allow you to mail them fabric.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up

Now I'm even less sure what you meant in your first post. But I think you're onto the key issue. The linings you can choose from are the ones the company actually uses. Of course, some companies allow you to mail them fabric.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ALittleBitOfCompany