Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Japanese horsehide aviator. Opinion?

DiamondDave

Vendor
Stunning jacket. Discoloration is probably just surface rub, would not preclude me buying it if it would in any way ever fit me! Alas being Japanese it probably would not! Gorgeous...hell, I may have to make one in "human sizes", if just for me!

eggleman

One of the Regulars
I'd imagine it's just one of those jackets who's finish is difficult to photograph.
Like the design though ... has a little something of jackets from the 30's to the 60's ..

I'd imagine it's just one of those jackets who's finish is difficult to photograph.Like the design though ... has a little something of jackets from the 30's to the 60's ..
Believe it. Some will never get respect they deserve without a pro taking shots. The Himel's and my Ventura are certainly hard to capture. Some hides just look great even with so-so pics. You learn to trust those the know. I did and am glad I did so!

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The leather does look very nice after use. It was produced for A/W 2011 only, so only used ones on the market but given that it is Japanese, with even half down now the price is almost that of a new leather jacket. For example, with 2 hundred dollars more, I can get one that looks like John's previous jacket which is now a regular design at the "other" Scottish leather company brand new custom made. Decision, decision.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic