Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jennifer Connelly in "The Rocketeer"

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16736

Has modern-day Hollywood produced a more beautiful, classic leading lady than Jennifer Connelly? She was so beautiful in this movie which I caught on TV yesterday. She really is my generation's Elizabeth Taylor. It really saddens me the way she starved herself into conforming to modern standards of beauty when she was already so beautiful. Well, we always have "The Rocketeer."

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
There's real stereotyping against what Jane Russell used to call "full-figured gals." They're only considered for bombshell roles. And the strapping oneself down doesn't cut it - a woman has to make it permanent and go public about it.

deco_droid

New in Town
I would say there are still a few actresses out there with class -- I like most of Cate Blanchett's work. Nicole Kidman is pretty classy too, esp after dumping ol' Tommy C. :)

Gin&Tonics

Practically Family
Jennifer Connelly is easily one of, if not THE most beautiful woman in film in the late 20th and early 21st century. Absolutely gorgeous in every respect.

That is all.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Other actors of the female persuasion not afraid to look like women:

Kate Winslett (sigh...)
Kat Dennings
Emma Stone
Christina Ricci

(this list is not exhaustive)

Edward

Bartender
Question : when did the term actress become incorrect? As of late i see women actresses called actors exclusively. I always thought it was a lot like what kept queens from being king.

Some time in the nineties, I think - I associate it with the era when Winona Ryder and her contemporaries hit the big time. It does seem to be more a Hollywood/US thing, though - at least in my experience. [huh] Don't hear it as much over here. I noticed "comedienne" seems to have disappeared, but most stand-ups here call themselves "comics" now, which is used interchangeably for both genders.

Some time in the nineties, I think - I associate it with the era when Winona Ryder and her contemporaries hit the big time. It does seem to be more a Hollywood/US thing, though - at least in my experience. [huh] Don't hear it as much over here. I noticed "comedienne" seems to have disappeared, but most stand-ups here call themselves "comics" now, which is used interchangeably for both genders.

How doe the french say it: Viva la difference?

fortworthgal

Call Me a Cab
I saw The Rocketeer just after high school and I thought Jennifer Connelly was gorgeous! She also looked fantastic in Mulholland Falls. She definitely has that old Hollywood look, although in recent years she's lost weight and wears her hair long & straight now, so looks more modern.

I agree with whoever mentioned Sherilyn Fenn. I have always thought she was stunning.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy