Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just a neat shot of two classic guys in classic hats

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
A favorite period of hat and wearer that I ran across and just sharing for the heck of it:
untitled.jpg

dean

deanglen

Feraud said:
Everytime I see those campaign hats I think of my Stetson "Indy" hat..

Yes! I see it! Wish you had more and larger shots of that hat, Feraud, and thanks for responsing to the picture! Hope you and those Loungers blessed to be able to attend the QM have a safe, great time!

dean

deanglen

I know, we're all so demanding; "MORE pictures?! Jeez! These people are never happy!" Anyway, I'll bet someone has commented that the crown on your Indy is, how shall we say, a bit low for Adventure Built standards. Is that how it was when you got it? Do you like the hat? Thanks for your time, I imagine you're packing in between responses!

dean

Feraud

Bartender
I lovingly call it my "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom cockpit scene hat".;) A bit convoluted I know but necessary in certain circles.
The hat looked fine when my dad bought it years ago. He wore it everywhere and the elements took their toll on the hat. It could use a reblock. The felt actually feels nice. I have not worn it in years. There are so many others hats I keep in rotation and this one is packed away in the closet.
Thanks for the reminder to pack....

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Nice pic, Dean! Thanks for sharing those. It looks like a pic from the transitional period in the Spanish-American War. The guys in the back look like they're wearing the brown duck uniforms, and holding Krags. Is that part of a larger picture?

deanglen

Mojave Jack said:
Nice pic, Dean! Thanks for sharing those. It looks like a pic from the transitional period in the Spanish-American War. The guys in the back look like they're wearing the brown duck uniforms, and holding Krags. Is that part of a larger picture?
Yes, it is, here it is. It's a shot of the 33 Mich Vol. Infantry, some of them may have come from my hometown:
untitled2.jpg

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy