Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just HAD to share this one

RedPop4

One Too Many
:eek:fftopic: The local AAA baseball club had a "Duck Tape Night" sponsored by Duck brand tapes.

You should have seen the stuff these folks did. I'll search for photos, and post a link if I can. The DJ in charge had the Yellow flag of Wales on his back, that was amazing.

:eek:fftopic:

Jake Sullivan

One of the Regulars
Man..i wish Ihad the talent

:eusa_clap I think medical tape would nice to ad to the line with surgical sutures as a feathers. Might work in the ER where I am employed. great job Art.lol lol lol

anon`

One Too Many
Baggers said:
It's the movie industry's version of duct tape, only in a dull black. Lighting techs (the chief lighting tech is called the Gaffer) use it to secure cables out of the way, attach colored gels to frames, make minor repairs, etc. In my experience, there's always at least one crew member on set with a roll dangling from his tool belt.

Cheers!
Gaffer's tape that I'm familiar with is this killer woven cloth stuff with ?ºbersticky stick, as opposed to the laminated open weave of duct tape. Back in high school we affectionately called it "band tape". Three colours that I know of: black, blue and green. Love it!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Well, Art, you are just too, too creative.

Don't want to hurt your feelings, but I like my Manhattan fedora better!

Actually, I have seen some leather hats that look almost as good as your new offering....

karol

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
:eusa_clap lol :eusa_clap lol
Thanks for all the ideas folks...I will first be working on a version for the Smithsonian who ordered a tricorn in hot pink/magenta. Soon after I will have to get started on one for the "White House" as a special presentation hat to the President..of 3M...excuse me...my wife is coming in with a roll of..what??...sea green tape...ummm..I'll be right ba

ledsled

One of the Regulars
waterproof?

I am thinking that the duct tape might hold up to your wet weather as well as oilskin? You might be onto to something there. :p

A woman at work has a collection of purses made out of seatbelts. Maybe you could design hats with a seatbelt band....

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Oh man Job, I don't think I have them anymore. I've been through two webmasters since and new host so I'm not hopeful. If it helps, I built a grey duct tape hat with my signature color stripe in the ribbon work, all out of duct tape. I had completely forgotten this thread, thanks for bringing back the memory . I'll see if I can find them anywhere.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...If it helps, I built a grey duct tape hat with my signature color stripe in the ribbon work, all out of duct tape. ...

Wow Art, that's just so wrong of so many levels, but it's still HILARIOUS :D. I really hope you find the pictures, It think there's a website for things like Duct Tape tuxedo's and prom gowns etc.

Later

EggHead

Practically Family
Watched that episode with family (wife complains that I overuse duct tape) because duct tape is what I use to fix things around the house - leaky vents, holes and pipes, broken handles, etc. Take it with me when I go camping, but have not tried a making a fedora with it yet :)

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'm sorry Guys, I've gone through every pic in my computer & no luck. I haven't checked storage devices yet so there is still hope but very little. Who wudda though there would be a need 6 yrs later?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic