Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just moved to Kenosha, WI ~ What's to do?

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Hi everyone! I just moved to Kenosha from Phoenix and I was just wondering if anyone knew what and where the vintage scene is here. Are there any events nearby coming up? Any places to go and see? Thanks!

~Lolita Haze

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
When I'm visiting Jackie's family in Milwaukee, people there always want to know where I'm from. With my thick drawl, I need only speak a few words for folks to know that I'm not a Sconnie. I tell them that I'm from way south of South Milwaukee...

I tell them I'm from South Kenosha. :D

AF

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Well, you can go ride the streetcar any day of the week, that's pretty vintage! They've got a quintet of gorgeous late '40s streamlined cars in everyday transit service there. Be sure to appreciate these rare gems. I had the privilege of operating one today here in Penna., but there's not many of this American icon left running, and even fewer in public service.
http://kenoshastreetcarsociety.org/

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
AF... Hahahaha.

Swing Motorman... That is already on my list of to do's!! Sunday Perry and I had breakfast at Franks Diner. Looks like that is going to be a regular spot for us! At least me!

Land-o-lakes... That is destination 1 on our first trip to Milwaukee! I'll send them your hellos. :)

AETom... That is probably where I am going to start as well. Browse the antique stores.

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Scotrace... Yeah... the Beau got a job out this way. :-D

Buler... Oh thank you! I know Perry will like to see that as well.

Johnny Dollar... Thanks! We will have tyo check that joint out. It's not too far from us, so that is a plus.

Amy Jeanne... You are gross. Fish. Blech!

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
You're supposed to say "That's not so good, Amy!" lol
Actually, Lake Michigan fish are very good. We sometimes charter a boat out of Racine and catch beautiful nine and ten pound lake trout. Delicious on the grill! Almost makes me forget about the king mackerel and dolphin we catch down here.

This photo taken just a few miles up the lake shore from Kenosha.

2664997752_b623110535.jpg

AF

Last edited:
There's a place I used to go in Port Washington which sold Smoked Chubs in bulk for cheap and they were the best darn chubs I ever had. I wish I could remember the name of the darn place.

Actually, Lake Michigan fish are very good. We sometimes charter a boat out of Racine and catch beautiful nine and ten pound lake trout. Delicious on the grill! Almost makes me forget about the king mackerel and dolphin we catch down here.

This photo taken just a few miles up the lake shore from Kenosha.

2664997752_b623110535.jpg

AF

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Scotrace... Yeah... the Beau got a job out this way. :-D

Buler... Oh thank you! I know Perry will like to see that as well.

Johnny Dollar... Thanks! We will have tyo check that joint out. It's not too far from us, so that is a plus.

Amy Jeanne... You are gross. Fish. Blech!

You don't like fishes?

220px-Gollum.PNG

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Amy Jeanne... Dang it! I really messed that one up! Hahahahaha crap!

AF... I'd only eat fish for 1 million dollars. Are you offering me 1 million dollars? :-D

Mike Bravo... Awww... tasteless comments are my taste in comments! Oh and I do an awesome impression of Gollum!

Tomasso... I think you're on to something!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner