Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just won this...

Cruiser

One of the Regulars
Tony in Tarzana said:
I think you have a winner, there. Pretty good deal considering the size, too.
Thanks, Tony. I was a little surprised it went that low, given the last couple I bid on. But I am happy with the deal.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I thought that was you. Ideaguy had a couple of bids on that one too. I was watching that one to see where it would go. Glad a Lounger got it, it will go to a good home.;) Congratulations!:eusa_clap
Cant wait to see what it will look like in your hands. I think you should keep the bar room curl in the brim though.:p

Cheers!

Dan

ideaguy

One Too Many
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap congratulations! I didn't want to simply
drive the price up, because it's not my size-7 3/8, would have liked it for
the possibility of resizing, but after all-very glad one of us got it-good work!!

Cruiser

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
The guy is obviously wrong about the date it was made J
Thank you, jamespowers. I believe they saw it as 60's by comparing it to another recent OR sale on ebay that was dated to 1966. However, it is a Royal Deluxe and sold retail at the time for less than the other one that was a Royal Stetson--so, do you make it to be late 50's?

Cruiser said:
Thank you, jamespowers. I believe they saw it as 60's by comparing it to another recent OR sale on ebay that was dated to 1966. However, it is a Royal Deluxe and sold retail at the time for less than the other one that was a Royal Stetson--so, do you make it to be late 50's?

Good guess. It looks like an early liner though. The Royal Deluxe was supposedly introduced in 1947 the early ones had that type of liner in them. The liner changed later on in the mid 50s or thereabouts by my experince. So your hat is likely from that period if the liner is original to the hat---and I think it is. Much better than something from the 60s. ;) :D

Regards,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou