Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kicking your coffee with hooch

Optionseeker

New in Town
Good Day All,

Interesting thread for my first post. I have, from time to time, enjoyed a generous splash of bourbon in my black coffee. Recently a new lady friend of mine suggested Screech (a dark rum from Newfoundland). I was skeptical at best. It turned out to be quite delicious with lovely vanilla notes.

I think they are both keepers.

J

Unca Dusty

Familiar Face
Optionseeker said:
Good Day All,

Interesting thread for my first post. I have, from time to time, enjoyed a generous splash of bourbon in my black coffee. Recently a new lady friend of mine suggested Screech (a dark rum from Newfoundland). I was skeptical at best. It turned out to be quite delicious with lovely vanilla notes.

I think they are both keepers.

J

Is Screech a brand name or a colloquial term?

Unca

lframe

One of the Regulars
Brunch

I couldn't figure out why a few of my girlfriends loved their Brunch time. They raved on and on about the place they went to. Turns out they each carry a flask in their handbags, each with a different liquor!

Brunch is much merrier now :)

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
In the winter, especially when the barnyard has decided to be rather insolent the night before, a good shot of Bailey's Irish Cream in my coffee helps make the cold morning chores better :)
Then in the afternoon, especially if we have been outside all day, an afternoon cup as well!

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Miss sofia said:
Good call lady! I sometimes have a cup of builders tea with a tot of whisky or brandy too, to warm the old cockles!

My Papa use to say that when he poured a shot (or two, depending on Gram's mood that morning!) into his morning cup o'java!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo