Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

King Kong countdown....

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
So, for those who are excited, or even interested, in the new King Kong film by Peter Jackson (and who on this board isn't?), the countdown is beginning.

The cut that Universal has is apparently three hours long (THREE HOURS LONG!?!?), and they're just as pleased as punch with it, or so they say. One of the things I love so much about films of the Golden Era is that they tend to run, like, sixty to ninety minutes. Three hours is too long for me to happily spend in a crowd with the wretched stink of Taco Bell curling in from the food court/lobby, BUT, if the movie's that good, then c'est la vie.

The new trailer will be premiering soon. Access Hollywood will show a short sampler and the full trailer will be posted on their website first the following day. That should be next Thursday.

The hype is gearing up, prepare to see Kong's crooked pan on everything from credit cards to cereal boxes. Does that ever affect how much you enjoy a film? The hype often wears me down, so I'll have to see it quick before the inundation kills the thrill for me.

About six weeks to go.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
3 hours of an ape too long? Perhaps. 3 hours of a GIANT ape?

Bring it on!

I absolutely love the original and yet I'm very hopeful for this remake. Giant ape, dinosaurs, spiders, 1930s fashions and cars... this may be the minimum requirement for me to withstand such an extended time in close proximity to the modern moviegoer. :cool2:

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I am more excited about King Kong than any other movie this year. Even Chronicles of Narnia which I have been waiting for years to see doesn't look like it can come close to Kong.

Another golden era film will spur on the retro look....which will inspire designers to create more classic looks.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

Lauren Henline said:
And spur the vintage clothing industry to increase their prices again, unfortunately

That is a real possibility, I have to admit. The good thing though for us that are in for the long haul and not the fad....is that the two and three thousand dollar suits that Ralph and Armani will make will be in the Salvation Army stores in a few years for a fraction of the price. ;)

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
MK said:
That is a real possibility, I have to admit. The good thing though for us that are in for the long haul and not the fad....is that the two and three thousand dollar suits that Ralph and Armani will make will be in the Salvation Army stores in a few years for a fraction of the price. ;)

I LOVE the salvation army :) One of my favorite places to shop! Luckliy for you guys, the "trends" seem to affect the women's clothing more than men's.

I sure am looking forward to this movie, especailly the costumes! But I'm sure that's easy to guess...

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
It will be released in a nifty box set with "Son of Kong" and "Mighty Joe Young" included. Supposedly the DVD will also contain a reconstruction of the fabled lost 'spider pit' sequence. More fun than a barrell full of..... :)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
May as well start being picky

We're all chuffed (nod to Paddy) to see this film at my house.

But...

Is this hair or costume '30's?

k1.jpg

Is this hat '30's, or '50's? Kinda tapered and low-crowned

k2.jpg

Gotta find out who did this guy's teeth capping

k3.jpg

:cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member