Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kirschbaum Clothes

AEF17

New in Town
I couldn't think where to post this, but I recently purchased a 1920's tuxedo made by Kirschbaum Clothes of Philadelphia.

Unfortunately, I am one of those people who is obsessed with dating clothing, and the tag with that information was absent from the pocket.

I've done some research on this company, and the latest reference that I can find for them is a January 1928 advertisement from the Philadelphia Inquirer. Might anyone be able to tell me more about them, or other resources that I could use to find out when they were in business?

I see a lot more ads for their garments from the 1910's. For some reason, I suspect they didn't survive much past the 1920's, although I could, of course, be wrong.

Thanks!

AEF17

New in Town
Someone whose opinion I value greatly dated it to the late 1920's. I hope these pictures do it justice.
002-2.jpg 001-1.jpg

Lapel width from the peak to where it would meet the shirt (more precise term?) is four inches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy