Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(KNIVES) Let's see some sharp pointy objects

howardeye

Practically Family
Thanks Barry, doesn't take much to make my day!

You guys are the best! Caps, hats, and knives. All my favorites. I see some nice small folders in your collection Mike. I wish I was there to purchase a few. I am a nut for small Latama knives. Is that push button 2nd from the bottom left in the top picture a Schrade or a Case?

Last edited:

howardeye

Practically Family
Here are some of my handmade favorites. The small 7 1/4 inch I picked up at Wall Drugs in South Dakota made by a local guy Kerry Bowman I think. (I lost his card). The handle is Mammoth ivory next to the blade, mammoth tooth in the center, and buffalo horn on the end. His prices are very reasonable. The ivory is a beautiful yellow color the iPad did not catch. The bottom knives are my favorites for carrying on my belt. They are crude knives forged from railroad spikes from 3 different makers. About 10 inches in length.

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Bert, it's a Schrade folding hunter and it is a push-button. One of my favorites.

1st time I've heard of a custom knife available in a drug store!

Seen a lot of variations of the railroad spike knife, I'm guessing the top one has mid-east origins or influence. An elephant head and persian blade are dead give aways.

Simonds

Vendor
Bert, like the damascus one, something I always wanted to do but don't have the power hammer that it takes to produce it.

howardeye

Practically Family
Bert, it's a Schrade folding hunter and it is a push-button. One of my favorites.

1st time I've heard of a custom knife available in a drug store!

Seen a lot of variations of the railroad spike knife, I'm guessing the top one has mid-east origins or influence. An elephant head and persian blade are dead give aways.

Thanks for the info on the knife. It is one of my favorites also. Wall Drugs South Dakata is one of the greatest stores in the world. It takes up half the town. There are full mounted big game animals everywhere even a musk ox and world & state record deer heads from all over the country. Probably 1000 knives or more custom makers and name brand, boots, spurs, holsters, everything. I bought a great Stetson there and a rattlesnake skin wallet. A great drug store!
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=CDNohJj5EcU&desktop_uri=/watch?v=CDNohJj5EcU

The rr spike knife came from an eBay seller in New Mexico. They are known for their rr spike tomahawks also
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CS-Custom-B...880?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bb5546b0

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Bert, gotta be honest. If I saw the Wall Drug signs I'd drive right by. Not my cup'a cappuccino but see the attraction potential for the pro tourist.

Don't get me started on tamahawks, some local makers here specialize in them and the only reason I don't have one is space and WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor).

Randall, thanks and maybe see you there next yr?

1avrgjoe

Familiar Face
Sweet Knife

IMG_8340_zps787a3ecd.jpg
IMG_8311_zpsb8be46e4.jpg
IMG_8327_zps7c000204.jpg
IMG_8319_zpse7145c65.jpg

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
That's the first Strider I've seen I like. Very nice hollow grind. Don't normally care for "Tactical" knives but yours is an exception 1avrgjoe. Guessing that's not a mid-tech since there's an "M" in the stamp.

howardeye

Practically Family
As of July 1st it is legal to own and carry a switchblade in Indiana! I am no longer a criminal. These are italian made OTF 777 Black Fingers. Double action auto out and auto in. I would not trust my life with these!

E583B168-BF9A-4498-B3E2-D9F76492E8F0-900-000000ADBA78B12E_zps076a4e3e.jpg

TheWoodWord

New in Town
Bush Blades

Great knives everyone, it's nice to see we can enjoy fedoras AND sharp things. I'm none too good with pictures, but I have a penchant for ESEE brand knives.

391366_10151703699764156_811615090_n.jpg

I've not seen a single kukri in this thread, so allow me to post mine, Diablo. I got him custom from Nepal. I don't normally name knives, but I heard that Gurkhas say that it is bad luck to sheath a kukri without bloodying the blade. I didn't believe it, but learned the hard way that they might have been right. The incident warranted the naming, and let's just say that I'll never be a hand model. But, it's still wicked effective for trail work.

downsize.jpg

Last edited:

Renault

One Too Many

Was finally able to catch a new Marble's Ideal! Classic hunting knife from the 20'a and 30's! These were the last of the Gladstone, Michigan knives. Now discontinued! Wanting one for a long time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran