• Welcome to The Fedora Lounge!

Ladies of the lounge and their mothers/grandmothers

Discussion in 'The Home Front Woman' started by zendy, Jul 22, 2009.

1. zendy

zendy A-List Customer

I thought it might be fun to do a photo comparison of the ladies of the lounge and their golden era relatives. It would be great to see the similarities if there are any.
    I'll start, here is me and my grandmother on my father's side.
    [​IMG]
    (I'm not sure if there is a thread for this already, If so feel free to merge)

2. Paisley

Paisley I'll Lock Up

[​IMG]

My great great grandmother, Christina Miller. Somewhat pre-Golden Era.

3. kamikat

kamikat Call Me a Cab

I wish I looked like either of my grandmothers or my mom. I tend towards my paternal grandfather's side of the family.

4. zendy

zendy A-List Customer

Paisley, you look so much like her!
    this is a great start:eusa_clap

5. Audrey Horne

Audrey Horne Practically Family

Zendy I can totally see the resemblance!

6. December

December One of the Regulars

Zendy, you look a lot like your grandmother!

Here is my Dad's mum. We don't look alike at all.

[​IMG][​IMG]

This is my Dad (and me!) in the late 80s. I inherited his hair!
    [​IMG]

I used to look a lot like him but as I've grown up I'm looking more like my mum:
    (Sorry it's not the best lit photo- it's the only one I have to hand of us together)
    [​IMG]

7. I don't look much like my mum at all - I have more from my dad, though my mum says I resembled my granny, her mother. I don't see it, but she was saying it since I was about 8, as we have a pic of her from the 20s as a small child, so it's not the 40s dressing that's influencing her opinion!

Mum and I:

[​IMG]

My granny:

[​IMG]

8. MissHannah

MissHannah One Too Many

My Grandmother in 1947 and me in 2008
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. MissHannah

MissHannah One Too Many

Fleur I can't see it with your mother or your grandmother! Have you got any pics of your paternal grandmother? Your mum's mum looks a bit like Isabella Rossellini.

10. what a cool thread - i don't look like my mom either, but i don't have any pictures of my paternal side to scan. I know I do look like my biological father and his mother because I've seen those photos before.

Hannah - it's astounding how much you look like your grandmother! and I love her shoes!

11. MissHannah

MissHannah One Too Many

Inky - her shoes are wicked aren't they? Funnily enough I never knew I looked like her at all until I saw that photograph for the first time very recently! She was tiny though - about 5 feet tall, and I'm 5'9". She died when I was 19 and I don't think the resemblance was noticeable then - my face was still too plump and childish and my nose hadn't finished growing!

12. MissHannah, I think there certainly is a resemblance there!

I don't have any photos of my grandmothers, but I will check with my parents to see if they do. In the meanwhile, here are some photos of my parents and I. I think I look like both of them, what do you ladies think? I look a lot like my mom, but maybe it doesn't show in this photo.

My mom in the early 70's and a recent photo of me, 2009:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The resamblance less obvious in that photo, but then I look more like my dad.

My dad (and sister) in the early 70's:
    [​IMG]

13. One time i found a picture of my mom in the 4th grade. It was a class photo, i was probably about 14 when i found the picture and i remember asking my sister why Grandma had my class photo and i don't remember that red sweater...i thought i was my mom! We look identical, where as my sister looks like my dad! I'm so much like my mom, that even our toes look the same!

14. Lenore

Lenore Practically Family

Awww. I want to be involved in this thread, but it's a little superfluous for visual comparison as I was adopted. I've got some great pictures of my mum's mum though. I'll get them scanned soon and upload them. I've always said she was the most fashionable woman I've ever met.

15. Audrey Horne

[​IMG][​IMG]
    My paternal grandmother, Louise.

16. texasgirl

texasgirl One Too Many

Great thread! Some of you- I can see a lot of resemblance- Audrey, MissHannah, zendy!

I don't think I look like either of my grandmothers, however, my mom and I look a lot alike

Paternal grandmother
    [​IMG]

Maternal grandmother
    [​IMG]

Me and Mom
    [​IMG]

17. Grant Fan

Grant Fan Practically Family

ok so here are a few of me and my family
    this one is of me in 2006
    [​IMG]
    and me this year
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here is my Abuela
    in the 1940s
    [​IMG]
    and in the 1950's
    [​IMG]
    and her and my Abuelo on their wedding day
    [​IMG]
    I think I look like her what do you think?

18. Audrey Horne

I've also just recently realized that I look a lot like my aunt.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Our ages here are so different here that it's hard to tell. I wish I had a picture of her in her twenties! She's the daughter of the grandmother posted above.
    [​IMG]
    ETA current pic.

19. texasgirl, I think you do look like your paternal grandmother, something about the pretty eyes and eyebrows!

Audrey Horne, you do look a lot like both your grandmother (she's as stunning as you!) and your aunt.

Your grandma sure was a looker!

20. Some of you are clones. Wowee..
    :eusa_clap