Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, What kind of vintage car would you love to cruise in?

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
Seriously:

md_711_Image_151.jpg

I would have the BEST CAR EVER.

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Why in the Powder Room?

Girls, do you know that the Lounge has ENORMOUS areas besides the Powder Room?

This part of the forum is supposed to be for girly-specific stuff. Things the boys shouldn't see, like lingerie, douching with Lysol, etc.

This kind of thread belongs in either The Golden Era, or in The Observation Bar - why wouldn't the guys want in on a discussion of fantasy cars?

I'm not a bartender, I just play one on the internet... I wish that the Lounge could have a complete overhaul to make it more obvious where to put what (and some decent search function would be nice too), but until that happens, we all need to be aware of keeping it tidy.

And get out of the Powder Room and join the party in the Lounge!

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
Miss 1929 said:
Girls, do you know that the Lounge has ENORMOUS areas besides the Powder Room?

This part of the forum is supposed to be for girly-specific stuff. Things the boys shouldn't see, like lingerie, douching with Lysol, etc.

This kind of thread belongs in either The Golden Era, or in The Observation Bar - why wouldn't the guys want in on a discussion of fantasy cars?

I'm not a bartender, I just play one on the internet... I wish that the Lounge could have a complete overhaul to make it more obvious where to put what (and some decent search function would be nice too), but until that happens, we all need to be aware of keeping it tidy.

And get out of the Powder Room and join the party in the Lounge!

I wanted to see and discuss from a LADIES point of view about cars without all the blah blah under the hood, and this engine does this and that car was modeled after blah blah..You know? Have you ever tried to talk about cars with guys? You can;t keep up and don;t know what the heck they are talkin about?! So i was just tryin to keep it about aesthetics lol

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have noticed that the guys who do talk cars on this forum don't get all car-geeky on us... maybe we have a higher concentration of aesthetes!
Not a mistake on your part, PsychoSue, I just see this a LOT in the PR, people forget there is a while wide world out there!

Explore it!
Observation Bar for discussions
Display Case for showing of your stuff
Steamer Trunk for Showing pics of your trips
Events for threads on upcoming and past social events (both FL spooonsored and not)

These are all in the COMMUNITY part which non-FL members can't see! In other words the good stuff.

XOXO Sara

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I don't see any reason why we can't have a women's-specific car thread -- it's a subject that hasn't really come up in the PR before, and while there *are* co-ed car threads elsewhere in the lounge, I thought it'd be interesting to let this one run a bit and see if we couldn't get some of the gals posting who might not otherwise post in such a thread. Some women *do* get intimidated about posting on such a subject when it's dominated by men, so this is a chance for them to speak up.

Eventually we'll probably merge it into one of the existing car threads outside the PR, but for now, I'll leave it where it is.

But yes, all you new folks -- feel free to explore the other areas of the Lounge. Lots of interesting material waiting for you there.

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:
Some women *do* get intimidated about posting on such a subject when it's dominated by men, so this is a chance for them to speak up.
e.
OH EXACTLY! And neither can I get a word in edgewise with them on the subject! I like ALL of TFL so MUCH, I have posted in those other areas and frequently enjoy them! WOOOO!

Lily Powers

Practically Family
:) I think this is a fun thread for the PR! Have you ever played a game of basketball with girlfriends and then the boys want to join? They have to show you pointers, how to shoot, how to "do it better." Before you know it, they're all over the court and the girls are off on the sidelines. I rather like it as just a gal's point of view on classic cars.

I do agree there is a world of fun in the other parts of the lounge. I don't always post in them, but certainly enjoy reading them, seeing who is performing, events, etc. I just have to be careful and not get sucked into the virtual world's vortex of vintage, or I'll never get anywhere other than my laptop. lol

Wow, Lizzie - that LaFemme is great!

I feel in love with this Chrysler Windsor when I lived in my last town. The pictures are not good because I had to take them through the glass of the showroom. The paint is actually a greyish blue, and the upholstery is tartan!

In person is seems to exude feminine charm and I would dearly love to drive it.

1204072205c.jpg

1204072205.jpg

dgenevieve

Familiar Face
My tastes range from 1920s/Bonnie and Clyde type rides:

3737882074_04790881f4_b.jpg
3737090343_c85c0a415e_b.jpg

To slightly more "modern":

3737877130_1334d03008_b.jpg
5760_656520011486_1501762_40303689_1572559_n.jpg

lol

Some sweet rides from the family photo albums:

I know we're talking about cars, but can I please please please have a cherry red Norton for Christmas? Thanks, Santa!

DSC_1681.JPG

Sorry for the strange photo... they're all in slides, and I need to get them altogether with a special slide scanner. I took this with my digital camera looking through a slide viewer, so it looks very wonky.

sc00097662.jpg

How'd you like a ride in THAT?!

sc0013c63a.jpg

Behind velvet ropes. :(

sc002626a203.jpg

Grampa's pride and joy. What I wouldn't give.........

Lillemor

One Too Many
I have an unhealthy obsession with early 50s Studebakers just for the comic appeal:

I've seen some that are cuter than this one though.

However, this is a much more sensible choice for a family like ours:

No aestetic appeal.

Generally, I like 1950s Buicks.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24