Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies, What kind of vintage car would you love to cruise in?

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Thought this was pretty cool...
3435090.jpg

16th October 1956: Model Jackie Collins at the Motor Show, Earl's Court, London, wearing a leopard print outfit designed by Car Robes, makers of car seat covers. She is sitting in a Goggomobil T300, the smallest family four-seater car on the market, which is made in Bavaria. (Photo by Ron Burton/Keystone/Getty Images)

~Psycho Sue~

One of the Regulars
I was watching the movie Thirteen Days this weekend; I have been on a early 60s style bender lately. I saw this Lincoln in black during the movie and was instantly in car lust. This whole jagged profile is very eye catching. I like it alot in red ;)

1960LincolnContinentalMarkVFourDoorLandau.jpg

Jennifer Lynn

One of the Regulars
Same here...love these cars. If I had to pick one at this very moment, I'd aim for a late 1930's Chrysler New Yorker. Or a Studebaker. (it is hard to pick just one)

Grant Fan

Practically Family
Ok so I love Bell Airs especially teal ones
55-2.jpg

I love this one too
lrmp_0909_16_ztogether_car_club_pico_rivera_car_showteal_chevy_bel_air.jpg

And I am a huge fan of 1940s coupes
1948chevrolet.jpg

And if you couldn't tell I like teal

HepKitty

One Too Many
this used to be mine, the only thing of value I took in the divorce. he kept all the other cars and the house that I paid for. I guess I should have kept the car but all it really represented was unpaid bills and an ugly situation, and I didn't have the money to fix it up anyway. the interior wasn't done and it needed another overhaul

the Diva Car, 1964 Chevy Corvair Spyder, 150 hp turbo. so named by a dear (gay) friend :) doll that he is

Lottie

Familiar Face
Grant Fan, I would love to drive all the cars you've chosen as well :)

But for now, my dream car would be a Volvo Amazon, preferrably in cream with red interior. They're actually somewhat affordable, but as I live in a big city with excellent public transport, I really don't need a car :( (plus, I could neither justify nor afford the gas expenses :D)

volvo-amazon-1958.jpg

Emer

One of the Regulars
LizzieMaine said:

That is gorgeous!

If we're talking strictly cruising, for me it has to be a classic Woody convertable.

48-Chrysler_TnC_Conv-DV-09-AGC_01.jpg

But I'd love to actually own a 1947 Chevy pick-up. I have to have a vehicle that I can tote around all my fixer-up furniture in! :)

1947-1955-chevrolet-trucks-1947-1.jpg

The-Blue-Star

New in Town
A Black 1949 Ford Coupe. It makes me think of stoic detectives and cat like femme fatales. I'll post a picture when I figure out how lol.

Miss Vixen

New in Town
Here is my Baby Boy.....this is mine and it is my pride and joy :) He slepts in the air conditioned garage with a cover on him, while my daily driver sits out on the driveway LOL I belong to a classic car club and have all kinds of fun opportunities to attend Cruise ins/Car Shows/Rod Runs....they are sooo much fun!! Anyways, anyone ever gets my way, give me a hollar and we can go to the Drive in :)

muttleycruisein.jpg

DSCN1854.jpg

DSCN1853.jpg

Here is my fathers car... My grandpa bought it for him when he was 15 years ol... YES he still has it and wont
let ANYONE touch it! :)

Dadscar002-1.jpg

Here he is behind the wheel..getting ready to go Cruisin'

29197_1362910485626_1617515103_882679_4637148_n.jpg

Odalisque

A-List Customer
~Psycho Sue~ said:
but would you buy one in RED???? :eek:

I WISH they would bring back some of these car colors- the pastels are super kool.

Nah, I'd stick with the beige. Wouldn't want to really tempt fate ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21