Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ladies...

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
Marc Chevalier said:
Yes ... but after she marries money, she's free to cheat on it. And personal trainers and pool guys are waiting in line ...

With this I only reply with a quote from J.D. Salinger, as told by the fellow in my signature:

"My one terrible consolation is that my beloved has an undying, basically undeviating love for the institution of marriage itself. She has a primal urge to play house permanently. Her marital goals are so absurd and touching. She wants to get a very dark sun tan and go up to the desk clerk in some very posh hotel and ask if her Husband has picked up the mail yet. She wants to shop for curtains. She wants to shop for maternity clothes. She wants to get out of her mother's house, whether she knows it or not, and despite her attachment to her. She wants children--good-looking children, with her features not mine. I have a feeling, too, that she wants her own Christmas-tree ornaments to unbox annually, not her mother's."

L_H

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Actually Marc, neither works, the first is obvious, but the second, marrying for marriage..sounds like a person who's developed a false set of ideals about what marriage is....it can be a downright pain in the you-know-what sometimes, being human, your spouse will let you down, probably more often than you'd care for but on the other hand there are many many wonderful that go along with it. But to marry is to marry the person and to marry to the commitment that no matter what you will stay by that person's side

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Sorry, Mud. I'm younger and poorer (the latter obviously of high significance to the ladies here). I think all your PMs have found their way to me, instead.

At least you have money and a private jet. Who's lonely in the air with a pricey suit?

...is my idea of nuthin' to do... But I get a kick outta you.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
mysterygal said:
Actually Marc, neither works, the first is obvious, but the second, marrying for marriage..sounds like a person who's developed a false set of ideals about what marriage is....it can be a downright pain in the you-know-what sometimes, being human, your spouse will let you down, probably more often than you'd care for but on the other hand there are many many wonderful that go along with it. But to marry is to marry the person and to marry to the commitment that no matter what you will stay by that person's side.

Beautifully said. Wise words!

Lena_Horne

One of the Regulars
mysterygal said:
Actually Marc, neither works, the first is obvious, but the second, marrying for marriage..sounds like a person who's developed a false set of ideals about what marriage is....it can be a downright pain in the you-know-what sometimes, being human, your spouse will let you down, probably more often than you'd care for but on the other hand there are many many wonderful that go along with it. But to marry is to marry the person and to marry to the commitment that no matter what you will stay by that person's side

Well Seymour certainly let Muriel down pretty darn far:

http://www.freeweb.hu/tchl/salinger/perfectday.html

L_H

shamus

Suspended
Marc Chevalier said:
Ol' puckish MudInYerEye is just having fun and pulling our legs a little.

Granted, he'd prefer pulling only the tanned, shapely, waxed, ankle-braceleted ones. ;)

that's one honey of an ankle-bracelet...

nightandthecity

Practically Family
ummm...

errrr....

I think Mud has finally sold his wonderful jacket collection and gone on a major bender with the proceeds.

Notice he's fallen silent! That's cos he's now lying in bed (alone) wishing that he had kept his jackets and that his head didn't hurt so much.

ITS ALL RIGHT MUD!! You'll be OK.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
N.A.T.C. proves once again that he is a master detective. His theory is 100% consistent with what actually transpired.
But I'm starting to feel much better now and looking foward to romp in the park with my dog while wearing my lone remaining 1940's Beck 333.

nightandthecity

Practically Family
MudInYerEye said:
N.A.T.C. proves once again that he is a master detective. His theory is 100% consistent with what actually transpired.
But I'm starting to feel much better now and looking foward to romp in the park with my dog while wearing my lone remaining 1940's Beck 333.

and you didn't even win that great 1930s black bike jacket on ebay (the one that got relisted.....drool!)

Zig2k143

Practically Family
Matt Deckard said:
Intelligence and romance only get you so far. I have seen that there is no aphrodisiac stronger than money!

Lol.... I would agree with you there Matt.... Although being as handsome and intelligent as us helps too. :)

Viola

Call Me a Cab
Lincsong said:
Taking your dog to the park is a great place to meet chicks.lol

I can't be the only girl who's more of a sucker for a cute dog than a big billfold.

-Viola

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24