Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Latest addition.....

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I'm impressed

Very interesting look, especially the bow. Looks like a really nice, soft hat. I'm guessing it's vintage, or that new Portuguese felt that Steve's been talking about. We have to know, Spiridon!
NB

spiridon

A-List Customer
TommySalieri said:
Very nice. Where could I get myself one of those? ;)

Thanks guys! It's not vintage, but a new custom (but thanks, vintage is the "look" I was going for.). In this case let's just stick to the merits of the hat itself.:)
The felt IS very supple.......like BUTTAH!!!!:D

spiridon

A-List Customer
Sorry guys.....after I left work yesterday I was not around a computer.....so really wasn't trying to be coy or anything.
I really didn't want to get into where I got the hat from because I got it from a source that is not discussed here on this forum. I realize that things happened before my arrival here that caused ill will between different groups/factions or what have you......but I really have no interest in getting involved with that whatsoever........from either side. I'd rather keep the personalities out of it and just show off a hat that I really like!
I have seen many wonderful examples of artistry and craftsmanship here on this board from various sources (Art, PanamaBob, etc...)....and I hope to get a sample from each of these Gentlemen.

Sooooooo, how about the hat!? The end result was exactly what I was hoping for. The felt on this one is VERY soft....almost a vintage feel to it. With the felt being so soft I was able to go for that "handbashed" look....which I think came out looking pretty good. Hey Hemingway.....nice observation on the crown.....in fact I wish I had taken a better shot of the crown as it would have shown to be a diamond shape. As this hat was being made, I had about 90% of it pictured in my mind....but couldn't quite figure out a "finishing" touch. Then I saw an example of that bow which you see on my hat......THAT was it! I figured that arrow shaped bow would be the perfect compliment to the diamond crown......so there you have it.

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member

The ribbon work is far too extreme for my personal taste, but the felt looks good. It looks similar to the Portugal felt I've seen (thin and lightweight). Maybe less than a 120gm body?

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Well thanks a bunch for posting the pics Spiridon- it is a fantastic hat and the ribbon treatment is a nice departure from the norm. It looks like quality to me!

Well done and thanks for running the gauntlet re the maker of the hat.
I'm sure some of us had an inkling where it came from and apologize for prompting you to divulge-

Shall we all agree to say no more on the origin then and just enjoy the fantastic hat..?

Thanks again for sharing!

B
T

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21